Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists: Skin Care Review

Good morning dears!  I am home from vacations and now can enjoy the rest of my summer doing nothing.  Well little things here and there but all local day-trip type of things.  It's kind of nice knowing I just get to hang out and lay low.  Ok so I have plenty of polish and beauty things to share with you and first on the agenda is Rodan + Fields Dermatologists.  Have you heard of this brand?  Rodan + Fields specializes in facial care - specified to your needs.  The dermatologists behind the brand are actually the people behind Proactive.  Rodan + Fields is geared towards getting the user "real results...at home without injections or other invasive procedures."  This brand isn't available in any stores as they use a "direct selling" model which means you can buy it directly on their website or through an "independent business owner."  If you are having skin concerns; acne, sun spots, lack of firmness, wrinkles, then you might be interested in checking out these products.  I recently responded to a 'guess how many' contest and nailed the number on the nose - I was sent a few products to try out for free!  Color me impressed - I am actually getting ready to place an order now because I liked the results I received after only 2 days!  So let's jump on in and check out the products!

*items in this post were won, all opinions are my own*

Rodan + Fields: Website, Facebook, Instagram 

Here's a picture of all the goodies I received from winning the giveaway.  A sample pack that included Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste, Redefine Night Renewing Serum and Redefine Lip Renewing Serum.  How adorable are the single use capsules?!

Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste, Redefine Night Renewing Serum and Redefine Lip Renewing Serum

I love a good face scrub.  Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste is an excellent scrub.  The listing describes this paste as a "high-glide, oil free formula designed to promote maximum gentle exfoliation."  It helps improve "cell turnover and improve skin tone and texture."  You can clearly see that it's not liquid at all.  It's definitely a thicker consistency, paste is the perfect term actually.  The scrub is packed full of a very fine grit that you can really feel making a difference when you work it into your face.  The directions suggest rubbing the paste in circles onto your dry face for 30 - 60 seconds.  Do this part gently or you might feel some discomfort.   

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste

Here's what the Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste looks like after it's been worked in a bit.  
It has the lightest citrus scent too, I found it pleasant.

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste

Here's a picture of my face after I rubbed the paste in a circular motion on my face for 60 seconds.  

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste

So I washed the paste off and my skin looked bright, fresh and was so soft I seriously couldn't stop touching my face.  I really have tried a zillion different scrubs and this is the one.  THE ONE!  You can use Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste 1-3 times a week in place of a face wash.  Yes, I have peach fuzz on my face.  I'm a furry girl.  

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Enhancement Micro-Dermabrasion Paste

That night I tried the other products I was given.  And I do apologize for not getting pictures of them on my face, I forgot in my exhaustion and was just trying to get to bed (a night time routine is new to me as I just crash with make up on and sometimes even in my daytime clothes - hey I work hard/play hard!).  This is the Redefine Night Renewing Serum.  It's a capsule that contains "a potent, propriety blend of peptides and retinol to visibly improve skin texture and firmness and reduce the appearance of wrinkles."  Each capsule is for 1 use.  You get 60 in a jar and you can use the product nightly.  The serum had a nice viscosity, it smoothed over my face easily and the little bit went a long way.  At first I felt like I had a strange, slick but slightly tacky layer of goo on my face but it absorbed fairly quickly and that feeling passed once dry.  I do feel that my face looked more rested when I got up in the morning after using the Redefine Night Renewing Serum.  And you know what, I'm all for facial care products that make me look prettier while I sleep.  Minimal effort required!

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Redefine Night Renewing Serum

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Redefine Night Renewing Serum

And finally I have the Redefine Lip Renewing Serum.  I have always been a huge lip product person so you know I was excited to try this!  The lip serum is a "peptide and antioxidant rich capsule that helps lips retain natural moisturizing factors, smooths lip texture and reduced the appearance of lip wrinkles."  Again you get 60 single use capsules, so a 2 month supply of product.  You can use this nightly.   The viscosity was a bit thicker than the Night Serum as you don't need to rub it in, just slather it on your lips.  I rubbed it into my lips and the surrounding lip area.  My lips were smooth, not overly slick and not sticky at all.  I still had some product on my lips when I woke up in the morning.  After cleaning my face my lips felt smooth, supple and full.  

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Redefine Lip Renewing Serum

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Redefine Lip Renewing Serum

Rodan + Fields Dermatologists Redefine Lip Renewing Serum


Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment