Monday, July 2, 2018

July '18 Polish Pickup; Fan Favorites

Evening beauties!  I have a fun post for you tonight.  MOAR of the Fan Favorites from the July PPU!  In case you are like what the what, the quick run down is that Polish Pickup is having a month of returning polishes from previous months.  These were polled in private groups and selected by the fans and now we get to rejoice that the pretty polishes we may have missed are back.  So I have 4 more to share with you, ones that caught my eye and I purchased when they wren originally released. I figured it might help you make buying decisions if I let you know how I liked them!  Like my Round Up post HERE, I will link you to each makers individual page where you will be able to purchase the polish.  So let's jump in!

*nothing to disclose*

Polish Pickup: shop

Here's Girly Bits I Licked It So It's Mine from the February '18 Sugar Rush themed PPU.  This dainty pink polish was inspired by unicorn candy bark.  It's a light pink base with holo flakes, blue flakes and gold shimmer.  It has a more vibrant pink glow around the edges in certain lighting.  Very pretty shade, totally looks like a candy I'd be drawn to.  Formula was a little bit sheer but it built up nicely in 3 coats.  Applied well, no problems.  Finished with topcoat.  I Licked It So It's Mine will be $12.50 USD, no cap.  Code ILOVEPPU will get you 15% off all Girly Bits branded items.

Girly Bits: shop

sunlight


shade

artificial light



~~~~~

Femme Fatale released Mermaid Candy during the Sugar Rush themed month also (Feb '18).  I've worn this a couple times before and I am in looooove with it.  It is literally a mermaid in a bottle.  Of course, it was inspired by mermaid candy bark.  We've got a light blue base full of holo sparkles, blue/green flakes and glowing blue shimmer.  Yup, super gorgeous.  Formula and application were both great, but I will mention that the polish has a bit of a strong scent...could just be my pregnant nose as I don't remember it having that same smell last time I used it.  3 coats and topcoat used.  Mermaid Candy will be $13.  

Femme Fatale: shop

sunlight


 shade

 artificial light




~~~~~

Moving right along is Great Lakes Lacquer Glass on Fire.  The January '18 Crystals and Gemstones was probably one of the more popular months (along with Sugar Rush) and I knew I had to have this the minute I saw it!  It's inspired by this amazing ring with a dragon's breath fire opal set in it, I need that ring!  Anywho, this is a magenta polish full of gorgeous shifty flakes and a blue/purple shimmer. Just stunning!  Great formula, great application.  I only needed 2 coats and finished with topcoat.  The brush is a little wider than I am used to using so it did cause for more cautious painting to not get it all over my fingers.  Glass on Fire will be $13 and get free domestic shipping on any order including GoF with code ILOVEPPU.  $5 off International shipping with code ILOVEPPU2.

Great Lakes Lacquer: shop 

sunlight 


 shade

 artificial light




~~~~~

And finally I have Ever After Playing With Fire, another polish from the January '18 Crystals & Gemstones month.  Another polish inspired by fire opal too!  But very different from the last.  This one is a black jelly with rainbow colored flakes, holo sparkle and green glitters.  I do love the colors in this one, I think I'll bust this out around Halloween or in the Fall.  I had no problems with the formula but am not a fan of the brush.  It's too wide and was overly saturated with the polish which made for messy painting.  That was my only qualm about the polish.  Playing With Fire will be $13, free shipping on all overs over $20.  

Ever After: shop

 sunlight


 shade

 artificial light



Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment