Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Dreamland Lacquer: In The Shadows, Falloween 2019

Evening friends!  I'm so excited it's Fall and almost Halloween.  It's my favorite time of the year for so many reasons but mainly because I think the polish collections that come out are always amazing! Dreamland usually does some type of Halloween trio but this year we got lucky with a 4-piece collection inspired by the TV show What We Do In the Shadows.  In the Shadows will be available on 9/27, 2pm Central.  Per the usual protocol, it's a 48 hour preorder and they'll be $10 each.  They'll be added to the shop again sometime in early October for $11 each. Let's jump in and check them out!


Colin Robinson is inspired by the cardigans of the day-walking energy vampire, Colin Robinson.  It's a gorgeous deep mustard-y yellow gold full of holo glitter and crushed gold flakes in a crelly base.  Formula and application were amazing!  I used 3 thin coats for total opacity and finished with topcoat for extra gloss.  







with matte topcoat



As much as I love me a mustard yellow, I am weak in the knees for a neon pumpkin orange.  This is Now I'm a Wizard was inspired by a night of inebriated debauchery, a vampire using a traffic cone as a wizard hat. This crelly is full of shifty iridescent flakes. Fantastic formula and application, 3 coats for full coverage and topcoat to finish.  







with matte topcoat



BATS! is a perfect, vampy Halloween shade.  It was inspired by the vampire Laszlo, who has to yell BAT when he transforms in to a bat.  Wouldn't that be ridiculous??!  It's a grape purple jelly full of holo flakes and crushed gold flakes.  Absolutely stunning!  Wonderful formula and application, no issues.  3 coats for opacity, topcoat to finish.  







with matte topcoat



And finally we have Vampire - Only Laughing, Guillermo.  It's another amazingly vampy polish with a brown jelly base and shifty multichrome pigment and iridescent glitters.  VOLG was inspired by Guillermo, the human familiar that longs to be a vampire.  This one screams Fall to me and I can't wait to pair it with a chunky sweater and boots.  Like the others, no problems with the formula or application.  3 thin coats plus topcoat.  






with matte topcoat




Pin It
Instagram

10 comments:

  1. What amazing fall colors. And when you put on the matte top coat that really made the polish pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, the yellow gold and rootbeer shades are stunning 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no OH NO these all made me laugh and I love the colors? Help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that gold looks so cool with matte top coat! never would have thought to use one on a gold polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore how they look with a matte topcoat! I’m particularly in love with BATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all lovely, but I love the purple the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple is amazing! Love all of them though.

    ReplyDelete