Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Guest Post from Lauriestrode's Fun with Nails

Hey lovelies! I have a guest post from a beautiful lady today! Read on to see the gorgeous mani Lauriestrode's Fun with Nails has to share with us! Thanks for being a doll and helping me out!

Lauriestrode's Fun with Nails: Blog, Facebook, Instagram
-----------
Hi there,
As an avid reader of Jen’s blog for almost as long as she’s been around (though I mostly lurk these days) I am more than happy to be able to stand in for her - even though I don’t blog as much as I used to. I am mostly active on my Facebook page: Lauriestrode’s Fun with Nails and Instagram, where I am the girl behind @lauriestrodesfwn.

Today I’d like to share a recent mani I made using Pretty Serious Cosmetics and Girly Bits Cosmetics stamping polishes. I am so much in love with the Pastel Brights from Pretty Serious and decided to use the yellow one as base for this. I think mostly though I chose it because I thought it would go great with two of Girly Bits’ green stamping polishes, haha. I do love everything Girly Bits - and if you haven’t tried anything of hers yet, I ardently implore you to do so!!!

I started with two coats of Pretty Serious Little Duckling which much to my surprise was very easy to work with. If you have any prior experiences with pastel yellow nail polish you know how finicky those usually are!! So that was a huge plus in my book.


I forgot to take a picture of the polish without any stamping on which is mostly due to the fact that I do my nails in the evening after the kids have gone to bed - and  just move on with nail art without any thought as to documenting the process - seriously, I need to go to bed myself after I’m done with my nails.


I used Messy Mansion Symetrika 06 plate for my stamping purposes and filled in half of the image I chose with Girly Bits Racing Green and the other half with Girly Bits Ker-minty Frog Here to get this effect.


And let me just say: those stamping polishes are really great. They are easy to work with, you get a good crisp image and they stamp great over dark colours as well!! Highly recommendable! Go get them, Now!!!



Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment