Monday, January 21, 2013

Orly Green Apple + Red Dog Designs The Temptress + $OPI 18K

I had a girls night out this week and had a difficult time deciding what to wear.  I posted a poll in one of the private groups I'm in to get some suggestions.  More than half of the people picked Red Dog Designs The Temptress.  I am so glad I wore it because it's gorgeous!!

So I started with Orly Green Apple.  This is from an older collection and I came across it in a dusty old bin at a beauty supply store for $1.99!  Good deal right?  So I had to get it.  Well I am glad I did because I can tell it's going to be a staple base color for me this spring and summer.  Green Apple is a light lime green, not to neon, just a tad of dustiness.  The formula was amazing, so creamy and smooth. I used 2 coats for full and perfect coverage.

I then used 1 coat of Red Dog Designs The Temptress.  The Temptress is from The Original Series Collection and I have reviews of The Captain and The Engineer already posted.  I can't speak highly enough of this collection and The Temptress is no different from the other 2.  It's very well made and gorgeous.  It's a beautiful shade of lime green (think 7-up bottle color) with 2 different sizes of metallic green hexs.  There is also a fine gold shimmer that really pops agains the green base and glitter.  Application was wonderful with lots of glitter coming out with each brush dip.

I then decided to play off the gold shimmer and add a coat of Sephora by OPI (known as $OPI) Real 18K Gold Topcoat.  It's full of very fine pieecs of 18K gold flakes that are very delicate on the nail.  18K Gold would be the perfect way to lightly bling up any plain creme.  It definitley added a WOW factor to the mani I layered it over. I used 1 layer of topcoat for perfectly smooth nails.

Red Dog: Store, Facebook

Enough talk…on to the pictures!  





Shade




Pin It

3 comments: