Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Light It Up Blue for Autism Awareness!

Hello there dear readers!  Today is a great post because it not only do I get to share a fabulous polish, but I also get to take part in spreading a little info about Autism by participating in the Light It Up Blue event.  I genuinely feel the polish community does an awesome job of pulling together to support this (and other) causes by posting information on our blogs to reach readers across the word.  Light it Up Blue is an annual event, held on April 2nd, that "raises international awareness of autism as a growing public heath crisis."  So please take a moment to visit the World Autism Awareness Day or Light It Up Blue pages (facebook, website) to find out a little about autism.  If you are on Instagram you can also look up #lightitupblue and #liub to see posts related to Autism awareness.  Be sure to check out all the other boggers that also did Light It Up Blue manis in honor of today's event - there are links at the bottom of my post. 

My blue mani is Nicole by OPI On What Grounds?.  It's part of their new Roughles collection and is a texture polish.  It's similar to the OPI Liquid Sands, but it's a matte finish and there are no sparkly glitters scattered throughout the polish.  I did see a very fine silvery shimmer in On What Grounds?, but it didn't pick up in my pictures.  On What Grounds? is a turquoise based polish with dark blue and black (or deep purple) micro glitters mized in for interest.  I swore I didn't like these because I need sparkle in my texture polish but then I got it on and I was smitten, great.  I used 2 coats of On What Grounds? for full coverage.  It covered perfectly, dried quickly and the texture finish was the perfect grit.  No topcoat.






Pin It
Instagram

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to find the Roughles collection in our stores. I was like you in that if there wasn't glitter and sparkle then why bother, but I have seen so many beautiful swatches that I want to try one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend actually gave it to me because she hates the feel of textured polish. I would never have bought it for myself. But now I want more. LOL.

      Delete
  2. This texture is so unique. Great color for autism awareness too.

    ReplyDelete