Monday, April 21, 2014

My Birthday Nails!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeee!  Yeah, I always make a big deal out of my own birthday.  Hey, it's the best holiday there is!  I have been out and about most of the day, doing regal routine things but also some fun things!  I also got some amazing nail mail from some of my amazing friends!  Watch my Instagram page if you want to see those pictures!  For now let's just take a quick look at the mani I created for my birthday!  I am very pleased with the outcome!

Enchanted Polish: Shop, Mei Mei's Signatures, Facebook, Instagram
Lynnderella: Shop, Blog, Facebook, Instagram

Alright alright...I started this birthday mani with Enchanted Polish April 2014.  It's a beautiful, soft linear holo that sits somewhere between cornflower and periwinkle.  April 2014 applied like a dream, so creamy and opaque.  If you are heavy handed you could get away with 1 coat.  I used 2 coats since I used lighter coats when I paint.  I then used April 2014 and April 2013 to create a gradient on my accent nails.  I put both colors on the sponge and applied about 3 coats.  April 2013 is also on my pinky nail and the color is a beautiful medium toned grape purple with a strong holo effect.  It seems to be a tightly scattered holo.  April 2013 was a thinner formula and I used 2 coats to get it opaque, but there were no formula or application issues to report.  I topped the accent nails with 1 coat of Lynnderella Blue Rogue, "assorted periwinkle and lilac glitters with pink shimmer."  On top of that I added Lynnderella Forget You Not, a blend of satin periwinkle hexs in different sizes with pink and blue shimmer.  The combination of the glitters really brought some wow factor that I didn't expect.  All the colors played well together and I am totally happy with the way it turned out.  I finished all nail with 1 layer of topcoat.  











Pin It
Instagram

7 comments:

  1. All gorgeous colors. Loving the combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! These are some pretty nails for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with these colors :)
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never really gotten the hype for enchanted OR lynns...until I saw this mani! Now I want these badly. <3

    ReplyDelete