Wednesday, September 17, 2014

OPI Comet In The Sky

Good evening dears!  I came across the Gwen Stefani Holiday 2014 Collection in my beauty supply store yesterday.  I don't think these are supposed to be available in the larger chains (Ulta, Peninsula, Amazon) until October but maybe your little neighborhood store has them already.  I'll admit the majority of the collection is boring (how many reds and purples can be in one collection?), but the glitter toppers seemed interesting.  This one in particular grabbed my attention and while I think it looked awful over the silver and gold bases included in the collection I had high hopes that it would look amazing over a dark, almost blackened base.  Let's take a look and see if I was right shall we?  

OPI: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

Comet In The Sky is like a galaxy in a bottle.  It has iridescent glitters that shine and change colors against the darker black glitter pieces.  I like that there are 2 different colors of iridescent glitters because it really draws your eyes in to see all that's going on in this polish - I see copper/red and blue/green.  This is all suspended in a clear base so you could layer it over any base color you wanted.  But as you know I had a vision so I dug through my darker shades of blue and purple and came up with OPI Light My Sapphire.  I love this deep blue with shimmer, so classy and perfect for the Fall.  I used 2 coats for a nice dark base and then 2 coats of Comet In The Sky.  The glitter comes out easily and in nice quantity.  No issues with spreading the glitter evenly on my nails.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat to keep everything nice and smooth.  I am totally pleased with how my idea turned out on my nails...Comet In The Sky looks equally fabulous in the bottle and on the nail.  I did feel like I had "space" or "galaxy" nails with this on with out having to do any nail art.  So what do you think?  Did Comet In The Sky make it on your wish list? 

*direct sun*



*shade*




*artificial light*


Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment