Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Girly Bits Spam!

Good evening readers!  Bare with me as I may have posts going up at odd times over the next few days with awards ceremonies, field trips, parades and such going on with my kids.  I actually spent today trick or treating with my daughter at a "Mommy & Me" event.  It was loads of fun, Naomi even said Trick or Treat a few times.  But all that walking around really wore me out (note to self - wear flat boot next time and not heels).  So tonight while I rest my feet and wait for my slow cooker feast to be ready I have lots of Girly Bits to share with you! Some are new, some are old - they are all gorgeous.  You can purchase Girly Bits at the online SHOP,  Llarowe, Mei Mei's Signatures, Overall Beauty and Harlow & Co.  You can also follow Girly Bits on Facebook and Instagram (girlybitscosmetics).  Let's take a look shall we?

This is What Happens In Vegas...Ends Up On Facebook.  Pam put this beauty together over the summer when she was at the Cosmoprof Convention in Las Vegas.  It's described as a "dusty eggplant shimmer with holo qualities and blue/purple color shifting iridescent micro glitters, pink micro glitters and red micro shimmer."  My shade pictures definitely looks eggplantish, but the sunshine pictures are more of a plummy-fuchsia.  The formula was sheer and jelly like but built up really beautifully in 3 coats.  That holo sparkle and iridescent shimmer are stunning together!  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.   This was an LE and I don't believe it's available now.  





*shade


Here we have What the Deuce? from the new Fall 2013 collection.  The Fall collection is full of gorgeous holos and shimmers and I love them all but this one really spoke to me!  Pam says WTD is "a kelly green holo shimmer."   Aside from Nubar Reclaim I don't have many bright green holos!  And this is definitely brighter than Reclaim!  So I am very happy to give it a home in my collection.  The formula on this was gorgeous, creamy and a dream to apply.  WTD was thisclose to being a 1 coater, but I used 2 coats for full coverage and to make sure there were no patchy spots in my pictures.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  


*shade






*shade



Now I have an older polish to share.  The recently retired Crunchy Leaves was one of the first Girly Bits I bought and I love it.  It literally screams Autumn!  I did wear this one last year but I never had a chance to take pictures or blog it so this year I made sure it was in my to do pile!  I started this mani with 2 coats of Gina Tricot Expresso (a beautiful rusty, almost metallic orange).  I then used 1 layer of Crunchy Leaves on top.  Crunchy Leaves is full of gorgeous gold, red-orange and red glitters.  There are a few different sized hexs but mostly it's made up of micro glitter.  This one is a real stunner!  Since it's been retired I hope Pam comes up with another similar polish to take it's place!  










Finally I have Daddy's Little Girl.  This is another older polish, from the 2012 Calendar Girls Collection (June).  It's described as "multiple sizes of sapphire blue, sky blue, purple and fuchsia in a sheer tinted cobalt blue base."  I've held on to this for a long time.  Why I haven't worn it before is a mystery to me.  It's bright and sparkly and gorgeous! I started this mani with 1 layer of wet n wild Root of All Evil (another cobalt blue shade with shimmer).  I love how all the shades of glitter looked against this base.  If you wanted more of a POP you could layer this over black.  I used 1 layer of topcoat to finish this mani.  





Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: