Friday, October 4, 2013

Zoya Satin Collection

Good morning readers!  I am already enjoying the Fall and feeling so inspired by the season.  Today I have another fun mani for you!  I recently received the Zoya Satin collection in a swap from one of my polish besties and they are so lovely!  I used almost the entire collection and the "fan brush method" on this design and love how it is jewel tone gorgeousness!  Zoya is a great brand with very high quality polish.  I have a well rounded plethora of Zoyas and they are all fantastic.  It's absolutely worth it to follow Zoya on Facebook and Instagram (zoyanailpolish).  They have frequent promos and freebies.  So let's just jump into the details of how I created this look and the pictures!

I used Giovanna, an emerald green with a pinch of teal and pretty shimmer.  It's really lovely and I loved it so much more on the nail than in the bottle!  I only needed 2 coats of Giovanna for full coverage.  Application and formula were both perfection (this goes for all the polishes I tried from the Satin collection).  I also used 1 coat of Neve, a shimmery deep blurple.  I then used a nail art fan brush to create a haphazard striped look.  I used the polish brush and dabbed a little in a small glass dish, then used the fan brush to pick up the polish and swiped the fan brush with polish over my nails.  I have seen this method before but mainly with horizontal stripes.  So I went for vertical.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I used Neve, Channing (a rusty, shimmer red-orange), and Mason (a shimmery berry-violet) with the fan brush on top of Giovanna.  I also used 2 coats of Maria-Luisa, a glittery gold topper, over Neve.  I finished this all off with 1 layer of topcoat. 










*shade

*shade

*shade

*shade
Pin It
Instagram

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so gorgeous! I love the Satins, too, and I happen to have a fan brush so I'm kinda tempted to experiment a little... I've got a ways to go before anything I do looks this pretty, though. AWESOME job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Liesl! I was very impressed with this Zoya collection and love how this mani turned out!

      Delete
  2. Okay, now I can post my comment! I love this, the fan brush technique is so neat! I want to give this a try, it looks pretty doable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Polish and Repeat! It truly was easy and you should try it! And thank you for the kind comment! <3

      Delete
  3. this is so creative and the collection looks so pretty! i love zoyas!

    ReplyDelete