Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sunny Day Nails using Maybelline Bleached Neons

Good morning/afternoon!  I'm watching the very exciting Brazil vs. Chile World Cup game and getting ready for my husbands 20 year reunion today!  Wow we are old!  So I thought I'd share my mani for the events today - a day time BBQ then a meet up at a local bar.  I picked up some of the Maybelline Bleached Neons because they looked so lovely!  Well they are lovely!  Very fun, pastel yet bright colors that remind me of old, sun-washed photographs from the 70's.  I'm sure there's an Instagram filter named for that look.  Anyways, let's take a look at what I did!


You know I love coral, peach and yellow shades, especially during the summer months.  So it was no surprise that I picked up  Maybelline Bleached In Peach, Citrus Collide and Coral Heat (as well as Lime Accent but I didn't use that for this mani).  I actually started with 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow on my middle and ring nails.  I then sponged a triple gradient using (from nail cuticle to nail tip) Citrus Collide, Bleached In Peach and Coral Heat.  I sponged 2 or 3 layers on and had great color payoff over the white base.  I had initially tried to sponge them on their own but they were not building up well at all.  I blinded up these nails with 2 coats of essence Space Queen, a very pale peach tinted polish full of holo and iridescent micro glitters.  I then used 3 coats of Bleached In Peach on my thumb, index and pinky nails.  Bleached In Peach is actually my favorite of the 3 colors I used because it is so unique and pretty.  It's reading more orange than peach in my photos so be sure to check the shade pics - they are more color accurate.  I found the formula and application to both be fine for a pastel (which is usually chalky and difficult to work with).  These did dry matte so I used topcoat to gloss them up. 






 *shade pictures to show accurate color*


Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment