Sunday, November 1, 2015

Native War Paints; Constable, Walking Lantern & No Sanctuary

Happy Sunday!  Did you all make it through Halloween?  Hopefully no candy or adult beverage hangovers were in your cards today.  I'm pretty stoked at the stash we've got going on over here because I totally plan to sneak my fair share of pieces.  Well now that my favorite holiday has passed we can move on to other things....like The Walking Dead!  Did you guys watch last week?!?!  UGH!  I held my breath for the entire hour (yes I'm amazing and can hold my breath that long).  So I figured it was appropriate to share a few polishes I picked up from Native War Paints from the No Sanctuary Collection since TWD is on tonight!  No Sanctuary is a 6-piece collection and all the colors are gorgeous!  I had a hard time just picking a couple!  And this was my first time trying out Native War Paints...I was very please and will definitely be going back for more!  You can pick up the whole No Sanctuary Collection for $52 or individual bottles for $8.50-$9.50 each.  So let's jump in and check out these lovely polishes.  

*nothing to disclose*

Native War Paints: Shop, Facebook, Instagram

Up first is Constable.  It's a "taupe holographic polish filled with red flakies."  This color is gorgeous! I love the holo shimmers and red flakies in there!  The formula was pretty sheer but it built up well in 3-4 coats (I can't recall exactly which I used).  Application was easy peasy.  I finished with a layer of topcoat.  



Native War Paints Constable

Native War Paints Constable

Native War Paints Constable

Native War Paints Constable

Had to show Constable with my Rick key chain!

Native War Paints Constable

This is Walking Lantern.  It's a "pale green shimmer polish with pale green and red flakies that glow red in the dark."  It actually seems more like white polish to me but whatever it is it's very subtle and pretty.  Definitely an ethereal look.  Walking Lantern is very sheer.  I used 4 coats and still have visible nail line.  I also found that it applied a bit patchy.  On top of that the glow was super hard to get going.  I charged the polish for a good 5 minutes and only got the dimes of glow.  but the red does look pretty darn cool, just wish it were brighter.  So Walking Lantern was  bit of a miss for me.  



Native War Paints Walking Lantern

Native War Paints Walking Lantern

Native War Paints Walking Lantern

Native War Paints Walking Lantern

Native War Paints Walking Lantern

As much as I loved Constable (hello it's such a gorgeous color and finish), No Sanctuary is the one that got my heart beating faster.  This beauty is a "black holographic polish packed with red shimmer along with a  scattering of red micro glitter." That red shimmer against the black - oh mama, you know what I like!  No Sanctuary had a perfect formula that was super easy to apply.  2 coats for full coverage with all that rich color!  I finished with a layer of topcoat.   



Native War Paints No Sanctuary

Native War Paints No Sanctuary

Native War Paints No Sanctuary

Native War Paints No Sanctuary

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment