Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cast A Spell + It's Alive

I'm combining 2 years of collections for you in this mani.  And I think they compliment each other perfectly!  

First I used 2 coats of China Glaze Cast A Spell from the 2012 Wicked Collection.  CAS is a very dark hunter green polish with gorgeous glimmer (glitter-shimmer) that sparkles so much in the sunlight.  It really reminded me of a mani I did last month using China Glaze Wagon Trail and Ninja Polish Zultanite - you can see it here.  CAS seems to be a very close color but more sparkly.  The formula on this was fantastic, almost a one coater and definitely one of the most gorgeous colors I've worn so far this month.  I didn't have any problems with streaks or patchiness, just smooth and even application.

I then accented my ring finger nails with 1 coat of China Glaze It's Alive, the green glitter polish from the 2011 Haunting Collection.  It's Alive is a really lovely mix of a lime green (the glitter) and a deep blackened green (the base).  It reminds me of moss or grass or the ground cover of a very woodsy area. IA went on easily, with an abundance of glitter coming out of the bottle.  The glitter spread very well across the nail and I was left with great coverage.  I used topcoat to shine everything up a bit.  

Did you succumb to the siren song of the China Glaze Halloween polishes?  If not, they are available at almost every beauty supply store I know of now including Ulta and Sally's.







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I like the color! ^^ your nails looks good as well

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. not my shade, but the shapes of your nails are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, both amazing! I have It's Alive in the waiting line....

    ReplyDelete