Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shimmer Polish Brooklyn

I'm at the last of my Shimmer Polishes to show you, I'm sad.  But also feeling very happy because I like the way my swatches all came out and they were each fun to swatch and review.  Plus I'm a glitter girl at heart, so all the sparkly goodness really drew me in.  I'm hooked.  <--true story.

I started this mani off with Essie Shelter Island.  Swoon!  What a gorgeous dusty turquoise blue!  It had a lovely formula and I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.  

I topped Shelter Island with Brooklyn.  I have to say Brooklyn took me by surprise.  I didn't think much of it when I unwrapped it with the other 4 I was sent.  But once I had it on my nails it became my hands down favorite!  There was just something special and unique about the mix of glitter.  On the Shimmer Polish blog it's described as a green, blue and gold mix.  I also see purple in there.  But I'm pretty sure it's the gold hexs that stand out so much and make me love this polish.  Like all the others I reviewed, application was wonderful.  The formula was not too thick or thin, plenty of glitter came out with each brush dip, and the glitter spread nicely over the nails.  I used 1 coat of Brooklyn in the photos below for a lighter glitter touch.  But you can see even with the 1 coat it's plenty blingy!  I used 1 coat of Gelous and 1 layer of topcoat to get shiny, smooth nails.

You can shop for Brooklyn and other beautiful polishes in the etsy store.  Be sure to follow the blog Shimmer Polish and the facebook page to keep up to date on new releases and specials.  Shimmer Polish is also available at Overall Beauty.  Happy shopping!






*this polish was provided for my honest opinion and review



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great base color for Brooklyn! This was one of my surprise favorites, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blue!!
    Xo,
    http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Loving your blog I've just found! This polish is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete