Saturday, June 1, 2013

Illamasqua Cameo, Noble & Nomad Using the Plastic Wrap Method!

Hello polish lovers!  I attempted the plastic wrap method for the first time with this mani.  It was easy and came out quite pretty if I do say so myself!  I used some lovely Illamasqua colors: Nomad, Cameo and Noble.  Gorgeous mani and 3 untried used!  Boom!

I started this mani with Illamasqua Cameo, a gorgeous cornflower blue creme.  It went on like a dream and I used 2 coats for a nice solid base.  I then used the plastic wrap method and dabbed on 1 coat of Noble, which is a lovely light aqua cream.  I did the same with Nomad, a medium mint creme.  Noble and Nomad also have that wonderful Illamasqua formula that apply like butter.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  Doesn't it look like little Earth's from space?  I love how it turned out and I will definitely do this again because it was easy yet so interesting to look at.

I know there are YouTube video tutorials showing how to do this, but I've read enough blogs and seen enough mani's to know what to do on my own.  But just in case, here is how I did it.  I started with 2 coats of base color and let it completely dry.  I then poured a tiny bit of polish out onto a paper plate.  I cut a small square of plastic wrap (maybe 2" x 2") and balled it up into a wrinkly mess.  Next I dipped that wrinkly ball of plastic wrap into the polish and then dabbed it onto my dry nails.  I did that 1 time with each color.  Don't move the plastic wrap around too much or you will blend the colors too much and get a blob of mixed color…you want the individual colors to stand out on their own.  And Viola!  You now have a plastic wrap mani!

Let me know if you liked this mani and if you have tried (or will try) it yourself!  You can purchase Illamasqua polish from Sephora or Illamasqua.








Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Love this look.... Will definitely try it out soon as I already have a neon-ish pink fresh on my nails right now. Just need to pick out two other colors to go with it.... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete