Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Celiac Awareness Mani!

A close friend came to me and asked if I'd participate in a group effort supporting Celiac Awareness.  I truly feel honored to wear mani's in support of a cause because it's a small gesture, but when all the nail bloggers join together it turns into quite an awesome thing.  I hope that this post (as well as the ones linked at the bottom of my post) reach and inform many people who may be unaware of Celiac Disease.  So today I am wearing yellow and green to show my support of Celiac Awareness.  

Here is a brief summary of Celiac Disease and a link to a website full of even more information:  May is Celiac Awareness month and its colors are yellow and green. Celiac Disease is more than an allergy to gluten. Gluten is an ingredient found in bread, pasta, anything wheat-based, and even items such as soy sauce. Basically gluten is in much of our daily food. From the National Foundation from Celiac Awareness, “Celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disease that damages the villi of the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food. What does this mean? Essentially the body is attacking itself every time a person with celiac consumes gluten.” When someone with Celiac eats gluten, it can take the intestine up to a year to heal from the gluten attack. You can find more info at http://www.celiaccentral.org/

In the pictures below I am wearing Zoya Solange and Kiko Spring Green.  I used 2 coats sponged on to my nail, gradient style.  No topcoat.















Pin It
Instagram

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mani! I still need that Kiko! It's my perfect green texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking me to participate. Glad I could be a part of this. :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful enameling!
    I love this texture ... but still do not have any!
    I loved the bolg and invite you to meet my.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try some texture polish!! It's so much fun!

      Delete