Sunday, May 19, 2013

Starry Earth Citrus Paradise

 I have another lovely Starry Earth polish to share with you!  If you missed my post yesterday for Faerie Fate you can see it here!  Citrus Paradise is another polish that is going to be released with the late Spring/Summer collection.  The release date is scheduled for 5/22 (that's this Wednesday!).  As I said before if Faerie Fate and Citrus Paradise are any indication of what the collection is like I am very excited to see the rest!

You can follow Starry Earth on Facebook and purchase the polish from the Etsy shop.  

Citrus Paradise is another delicate polish.  But it's a pastel glitter bomb in a milky base.  Citrus Paradise is chalk full of pastel pink, green, blue and yellow.  The base is a milky pink-white color that is a jelly-like formula.  Application was great, the formula was easy to use, tons of glitter came out with each brush dip and they all laid flat on my nails.  CP is a refreshing and relaxing color and I enjoyed it greatly after wearing so many bright colors recently.  I think it's subtle enough for work or "mature" situations where neons won't be appreciated.  I have 3 coats of CP and 1 layer of topcoat shown below.







I also wanted to show you Citrus Paradise over some colors.  I used Kiko Peach Rose (358) and an accent nail of Kiko Mint Milk (389).  I used 2 coats of both Kiko colors and 2 coats of Citrus Paradise.  I then used 1 layer of topcoat.  I love how different CP looks over the different base colors then on it's own!  It's like having 2 polishes in one bottle.  And the milky base doesn't overwhelm the base colors which is great because it means you can use CP over a huge variety of colors!  So how did you like Citrus Paradise best, alone or layered?




*this polish was provided for my honest opinion and review


Pin It
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. I actually like it alone the best! It's like a subdued jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it looks like a great top coat, it is nice to see that it can be worn alone as well. I do like this on its own, it is a great subtle color that could go with anything! Thank you for your hard work, your application is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment and support Cynthia! <3

      Delete