Thursday, May 23, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Kiss and Million Dollar Mermaid

My birthday came and went last month, but holy heck my friends in the nail polish blogosphere really spoiled me something fierce.  So yay for awesome friends and yay for a boat load of new nail polish to play with!  Here are 2 of the birthday polishes that came from a group of amazing friends that pitched in to get these for me.  They haven't really gotten much attention but they are gorgeous.  These are some of the new Deborah Lippmann Summer 2013 Mermaid polishes.  Do you remember how much you loved Mermaids Dream?  Well you are going to love these just as much!

I decided to use 2 of the new mermaids here.  I started with 3 coats of Mermaid's Kiss, a gorgeous pink with loads of gold shimmer, light and hot pink glitters.  I easily could have used 2 coats but used 3 to ensure I had no thin spots for my pictures.  The formula was great, applied nice and even.  I then did a gradient with Mermaid's Kiss and Million Dollar Mermaid on my accent nail.  Million Dollar Mermaid is a fun peachy-orange colored base with gold shimmer and brighter colored orange glitters.  Mermaid's Kiss has more (and more noticeable) gold shimmer, but both are very lovely.  I applied the polish in blobs directly to my triangle makeup sponge and pressed it on my nail running it up and down slightly to mix the colors.  I did this 3 times.  I am pretty pleased with how this turned out and I really LOVE the new mermaids.  Aren't they pretty!?  You need to see them in person to believe the amount of gold shimmer packed into these babies.  I finished this off with 1 layer of topcoat on all nails.  

You can purchase Deborah Lippmann 2013 Summer Mermaids on http://lippmanncollection.com, and all the major department stores (Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, etc).







Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment