Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sea Lore Spring Seas Collection

Good morning!  I am back with another review and this one features the new Sea Lore Spring Seas Collection!  Spring Seas consists of 5 polishes in a variety of forms: jelly, glitter, milky base, iridescent.  But they all have one thing in common, they are all beautiful!  One thing that always brings me back to Jamie's collections is that she stays true to her origin and continues to draw her inspiration from the ocean.  All of her polishes are based on mythical or real creatures that spend their days in the water.  Spring Seas is no different!  I'm going to jump right in to the post, but first I'll set you up with all the social media information.  

Here are the many ways you can find, follow and purchase Sea Lore!  Facebook, Website (buy here!), Twitter, Instagram (sealorepolish).  

Up first I have Leaping Lyretail.  Hello pretty lady!  This is a wonderful hot pink jelly based polish full of pink, yellow and matte white glitters.  She put circles and squares in there so you know it has my heart!  There is a dose of hot pink micro glitter to give it a little extra bling!  I used 2 coats for full coverage.  Be sure to let the layers dry in between application so the glitters don't move around.  I finished off with 1 layer of topcoat and was left with a smooth to the touch mani.  








This blue fellow is Jumping Jellyfish.  Jumping Jellyfish is another squishy jelly base polish.  This one is packed with blue microglitter, a silvery blue small glitter and circles that flash blue and teal.  I love how the small glitters make this polish sparkle!   I used 3 coats of JJ alone and had great build up.  I experienced no application issues what so ever with JJ.  I finished this mani off with 1 layer of topcoat.  







Dancing Discue took me by surprise.  It is definitely the sleeper color in the collection because your eyes will immediately pull to the bright trio.  But Dancing Discue really holds it's own in this set.  A beautiful champagne nude colored base with gold and iridescent color shifting glitters.  What really wowed me was opalescent shimmer that flashes blue when you move your hands.  It's like looking into an abalone shell and seeing that gorgeous pastel wash of colors.  For my pictures below I used 3 coats of DD alone.  Application was truly lovely, no problems to report.  I finished it with 1 layer of topcoat.








Here we have Popping Parrotfish.  Adorable name, perfectly fitting for the polish.  Popping Parrotfish is a light minty colored milky polish that is full of rainbow glitters.  PP also has a nice little surprise with a very fine green shimmer.  It's a sweet little party for your nails!  I used 3 thin coats (you could absolutely go with 2 - I really don't know why I did 3) to fully cover my nails.  PP is a hungry little fish and he really ate up my top coat!  I used 2 layers of Gelous and 1 of topcoat.  But the end result, well just look at that glossy shine!  Swoon!  






Last but not least we have Springing Seahorse.  This one is equally as beautiful as it counterparts.  What makes SS different is that it's a glitter topcoat.  You have endless possibilities of how to wear it.  I'm a big fan of matching glitters and base colors so I put 1 layer of SS over 2 coats of OPI Funky Dunky.  It's a grape purple match made in heaven!  SS is a mix of different shades of purple glitter with a sparse smattering of matte white glitters.  The real stunner here is the shimmer!  Whoa!  It's like a hot pink-fuchsia shimmer and it's just…WOW.  Application was great, the glitters laid flat and smooth.  I used 1 layer of topcoat. 







*these polishes were provided for my honest opinion and review

Pin It
Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Popping Parrotfish is so unigue, love the minty-white base.

    ReplyDelete