Monday, February 10, 2014

Blue Valentine Mani featuring Lumina Lacquer Forever Thine Forever Mine and Clear Eyes, Full Hearts And Elevation Polish Abano

Good morning!  I have another Valentine mani to share with you but I'm switching it up and using a different color (not red or pink)!  So yay for blue Valentine's!  I mean really, you can do a Valentine mani with any color you like, just draw on some hearts and you're good to go!  But the blues I used in this are really something special.  And the glitter topper ties it all together.  So lets jump in to the pictures and I'll tell you all about the polish I used!

Lumina Lacquer: Shop, Facebook, Instagram
Elevation Polish, Blog, Shop, Instagram

The first thing I did to creat this mani was to get the blue gradient on my nails.  I started by applying Lumina Lacquer Clear Eyes, Full Hearts and Forever Thine Forever Mine onto a makeup sponge.  I pressed the polished sponge onto my nails.  I think these blues worked together so well and really blended nicely to create a lovely gradient effect.  Clear Eyes, Full Hearts is an amazing cobalt blue with scattered holo particles.  CEFH is so creamy and opaque!  When worn alone you can easily get away with 1 coat!  Forever Thine Forever Mine is gorgeous blue that sits somewhere between teal and aqua (taqua?  aqueal?).  FTFM also has a very creamy and opaque color that can be worn in 1 coat.  Because I was applying with a sponge I used 3 coats to get the color to my liking.  I have used many colors to gradient with, these 2 were so easy to work with.  They covered well, staying their true color (instead of losing color on the sponge and only having silvery shimmer end up on my nails).  I also used 1 coat of Clear Eyes, Full Hearts on my accent nail.  I topped my gradient nails with Elevation Polish SBP (small batch prototype) Abano.  Abano is a blue, white, silver and red glitter topper.  It's a fun color combination and I love the blue hearts in there the most.  I used 1 coat of Abano.  It applied nicely, the glitters came out easily and laid flat on my nails.  I drew silver hearts on my accent nail with OPI Push & Shove.  1 layer of topcoat finished this mani off.   





Pin It
Instagram

2 comments: