Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Nail Junkie SPAM!

All right, all right (a-la Matthew McConaughey).  I'm jumping back into the posting pool with a spam post featuring one of my favorite indie brands.  The Nail Junkie has been around for about 2 years now (give or take) and has amazing collections that she keeps growing and adding to.  Her collections are beautiful and her labels are super cute.  Every one that I have tried has been amazing.  I have a variety to show tonight, polish that comes from several of the available collections.  Let's just jump in and admire the beauty of The Nail Junkie.  

The Nail Junkie: Blog, Shop, Facebook, Instagram

Up first I have Leaf from the Fall 2013 collection.  This is a gorgeous coppery-gold micro flakie glitter topper.  It's actually 4 colors of flakie glitter to create a complex and luxurious look.  It's absolutely stunning and blingy and rich.  Leaf covered really well and I think it would look great over many colors.  Leaf had a smooth and easy to apply formula.  I layered 2 coats of Leaf over 3 coats of Orange (from the Neon Shimmer Jelly Fruits collection).  I'm pretty sure my version of Orange is the original color because the newest versions of the Neon Shimmer Jelly Fruits have been amped up in color).  But this version of Orange was the perfect indie color for Leaf.  This jelly built up great and also had a fantastic formula.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  








This is another combo that's all The Nail Junkie!  I started this mani with 3 layers of Grape, another fabulous color from the Neon Shimmer Jelly Fruit collection.  What I love most about this collection is the holographic shimmer.  They are all so beautiful!  Grape, much like Orange, was easy to apply and had a great formula.  I topped Grape with Angel from the recent Winter collection.  Angel is made up of "5 different shades of clear color-shift micro flakies in a clear base."  I loved how delicate and angelic this looked.  Angel really gave an ethereal look to Grape.  I think Angel is another topper that would look fabulous over many colors.  Angel applied with ease and the formula was lovely.   I used 1 coat of Angel and 1 layer of topcoat.  









This turned out to be my favorite combination of the bunch.  I started with one of my favorite Nail Junkies - Blueberry.  Yes, you guessed it, another Neon Shimmer Jelly Fruit!  Honestly that collection is really amazing - if you don't have any you need to try them!  Blueberry has a fantastic formula and applied like a dream.  I used 3 coats of Blueberry.  I then used Fairy, "a whimsical`and fun glitter topcoat full of silver hex glitter, pink stars, purple stars and a dash of holographic micro glitter."  Fairy is gorgeous!  I love it so much!  It's an amazing glitter topper and I am kicking myself for waiting so long to try it!  I used 1 coat of Fairy (hello loads of glitter with 1 coat!) and it applied magically!  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  









Hello neon-awesomeness!  This turned out so much better than I'd imagined it in my head!  Unicorn and Watermelon turned out to be an amazing pair!  Watermelon is from the Neon Shimmer Jelly Fruit collection and is a stunning red-orange color.  You know I adore this color so Watermelon is one of my other favorites from this collection.  Watermelon is so bright and juicy!  I used 3 coats and the formula and application were both wonderful.  I topped Watermelon with 2 coats of Unicorn.  Unicorn is a fun "bright and shimmery glitter topcoat polish made up of 5 different shades of neon hex glitter and a dash of micro holographic glitter."  Unicorn had a great glitter payoff and applied easily.  The glitters spread evenly and laid flat.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  








Finally we have Peacock.  One of the most recent additions to the Animal collection, Peacock is a an absolutely fabulous mix of "gold, blue and green micro glitters all floating in a barely there blue jelly base."  This beauty can be worn alone in a couple coats or over a base color in one coat.  Since I already had it sitting next to me I used Grape as a base color and layered 1 coat of Peacock on top.  The colors in this polish are luxurious and beautiful.  Peacock had a gorgeous formula and applied like a dream.  I finished this with 1 layer of topcoat.  




Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. What great shades! Love the shimmer and sparkle to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Especially your Unicorn combo! Peacock is possibly my favourite Nail Junkie ever!

    ReplyDelete