Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Nails with Lumina Lacquer No Ordinary Love & Ninja Polish Ambrosia

Good afternoon (early evening?)!  How about a Valentine's mani?  This mani made me so happy - I wore it for 4 days with barely any wear and tear what so ever!  All the polish I used was absolutely fabulous and high quality and I loved them all to pieces!  I used a mix of indie, mainstream and drugstore brands to create this look.   Now that I think of it I used 6 polishes total in this mani!  Let's look at it shall we?

Lumina Lacquer: Shop, Facebook, Instagram
Ninja Polish: Shop, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

Alright, I'll try to keep this short so you can see pictures.  I started with Ninja Polish Ambrosia on my middle finger and thumb.  Ambrosia is a gorgeous red with a pink undertone and loads of red and gold color shifting shimmer.  I used 3 coats of Ambrosia to reach maximum color richness.  I used China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around on my ring and pinky nails.  Dandy Lyin' Around is a white base with tiny silvery flakes.  I used 2 coats of Dandy Lyin' Around.  I topped these nails with Lumina Lacquer No Ordinary Love.  Wow!  I love this glitter polish!  Red, pink and red-orange colored matte glitters in hex, circle, star and heart shapes!  I used 2 coats of No Ordinary Love and the glitter pay-out was huge.  The glitter came out easily and spread evenly on my nails.  With a good thick layer of topcoat my nails were nice a smooth to the touch.  Lastly I decided to do a texture gradient on my index finger nail.  I put OPI Solitaire (white with silvery glitter sparkles) and Magazine Cover Mouse (red with fuchsia and gold glitter sparkles)  on a sponge and applied it to my nail.  I did this about 2 or 3 times to get full color coverage.  I thought the red was too pink toned so I added Julie G Sugar Rush to the top and loved how it gave a red-orange color with some serious gold sparkle factor!  I used 1 layer of topcoat on all nails except the texture nail.  







Pin It
Instagram

3 comments: