Wednesday, February 19, 2014

HOLO WEEK: Day 3 - Colors by Llarowe

Good morning!  Today is day 3 of HOLO WEEK and I have a bunch of Colors by Llarowe to share!  I've had many of these beauties sitting and collecting dust so when I came up with my theme week idea it was the perfect time to try them out.   I have to admit I was a little skeptical about a few of the colors, but once I got hem on my nails I was completely wowed!  Leah Ann really knows her stuff when it comes to holos.  The collection I have to show you is a variety of polish from different releases that I'm sure I won't remember names to.  So let's just jump in and check out the pictures!

Colors By Llarowe: Shop, Harlow & Co., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

Up first is Tequila IV.  I HAD to have this one because I am a nut case for nude holos.  Tequila IV is a perfect addition to my nude holo collection (read: I am so happy I have it).  Tequila IV leans a bit golden so you could absolutely use it even if you aren't a fan of nude shades.  This baby is a super holo that is opaque in 2 coats.  Formula was fabulous, application was a snap.  No topcoat.  






Piece of Me is a beautiful dusty denim blue custom.  Piece of Me has a soft linear holo effect.  I really dig this color because I have no holo shades that even come close to it.  The formula and application on this lovely polish were both fantastic.  I used 2 layers and no topcoat. 






Here we have Feelings, Whoa Whoa Whoa.  This is another custom that I was lucky to get my hands on.  Feelings, Whoa Whoa Whoa is a deep purple linear holo that is simply stunning.  I'll be the first to admit I am not the biggest fan of purple (GASP I know) but this polish is drop dead gorgeous.  Like the others, amazing formula and application.  I used 2 layers and no topcoat.  








Ok stop the presses...I am madly, deeply, crazy in love with Dirty Diana.  I'm sure you've seen it before because I know I have like a zillion times.  Why on earth did I wait so long to put it on?  I don't know, I must be taking crazy pills.  Dirty Diana is one of the sexiest red-toned magenta holos I have ever seen.  This is a super linear holo with lots of orange in the flame.  Formula and application were dreamy.  I used 2 coats of Dirty Diana and no topcoat.  






And if I thought Dirty Diana was amazing here is Unorthodox Annie.  It's like Diana's older, vampy sister.  Unorthodox Annie is a brown-plum purple.  It's a very deep color that is just beyond gorgeous.  Unorthodox Annie has a very strong linear holo with lots of brown and gold tones in the holo flame.  Another fabulous formula with amazing application.  2 coats and no topcoat.






And now Gizzards & Lizards.  Another totally unique color to my collection.  This green leaning teal polish is another super linear holo with strong blue tones in the flame.  Gizzards & Lizards, just like all the rest, had a wonderful formula and easy application.  If you are a fan of green or teal then you need this baby!  NOW!  I used 2 layers and no topcoat.  






Finally we come to the last polish in this post.  In The Navy.  I love the color of this polish, but I wish the holo were a bit stronger.  I believe this was one of the first batches of holos released by Colors by Llarowe so maybe the formula/recipe has changed a bit.  In The Navy is  deep, dark inky navy blue.  I found the formula a touch thinner than the rest, but still very pigmented.  The holo flame is also much softer in In The Navy.  I used 2 coats and no topcoat.   






Pin It
Instagram