Wednesday, February 19, 2014

HOLO WEEK: Day 3 - Colors by Llarowe

Good morning!  Today is day 3 of HOLO WEEK and I have a bunch of Colors by Llarowe to share!  I've had many of these beauties sitting and collecting dust so when I came up with my theme week idea it was the perfect time to try them out.   I have to admit I was a little skeptical about a few of the colors, but once I got hem on my nails I was completely wowed!  Leah Ann really knows her stuff when it comes to holos.  The collection I have to show you is a variety of polish from different releases that I'm sure I won't remember names to.  So let's just jump in and check out the pictures!

Colors By Llarowe: Shop, Harlow & Co., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

Up first is Tequila IV.  I HAD to have this one because I am a nut case for nude holos.  Tequila IV is a perfect addition to my nude holo collection (read: I am so happy I have it).  Tequila IV leans a bit golden so you could absolutely use it even if you aren't a fan of nude shades.  This baby is a super holo that is opaque in 2 coats.  Formula was fabulous, application was a snap.  No topcoat.  






Piece of Me is a beautiful dusty denim blue custom.  Piece of Me has a soft linear holo effect.  I really dig this color because I have no holo shades that even come close to it.  The formula and application on this lovely polish were both fantastic.  I used 2 layers and no topcoat. 






Here we have Feelings, Whoa Whoa Whoa.  This is another custom that I was lucky to get my hands on.  Feelings, Whoa Whoa Whoa is a deep purple linear holo that is simply stunning.  I'll be the first to admit I am not the biggest fan of purple (GASP I know) but this polish is drop dead gorgeous.  Like the others, amazing formula and application.  I used 2 layers and no topcoat.  








Ok stop the presses...I am madly, deeply, crazy in love with Dirty Diana.  I'm sure you've seen it before because I know I have like a zillion times.  Why on earth did I wait so long to put it on?  I don't know, I must be taking crazy pills.  Dirty Diana is one of the sexiest red-toned magenta holos I have ever seen.  This is a super linear holo with lots of orange in the flame.  Formula and application were dreamy.  I used 2 coats of Dirty Diana and no topcoat.  






And if I thought Dirty Diana was amazing here is Unorthodox Annie.  It's like Diana's older, vampy sister.  Unorthodox Annie is a brown-plum purple.  It's a very deep color that is just beyond gorgeous.  Unorthodox Annie has a very strong linear holo with lots of brown and gold tones in the holo flame.  Another fabulous formula with amazing application.  2 coats and no topcoat.






And now Gizzards & Lizards.  Another totally unique color to my collection.  This green leaning teal polish is another super linear holo with strong blue tones in the flame.  Gizzards & Lizards, just like all the rest, had a wonderful formula and easy application.  If you are a fan of green or teal then you need this baby!  NOW!  I used 2 layers and no topcoat.  






Finally we come to the last polish in this post.  In The Navy.  I love the color of this polish, but I wish the holo were a bit stronger.  I believe this was one of the first batches of holos released by Colors by Llarowe so maybe the formula/recipe has changed a bit.  In The Navy is  deep, dark inky navy blue.  I found the formula a touch thinner than the rest, but still very pigmented.  The holo flame is also much softer in In The Navy.  I used 2 coats and no topcoat.   






Pin It
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I want them so bad now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That original formula In the Navy blows me away!! So GORGEOUS!!!! It has so much more depth and shine than newer formula holos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE CbLs!!!! one of my fav brands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my CbLs, I have a lot...but not Piece of Me, and I don't know how I missed it!!

    I have Diana and Annie, I've worn Diana, and I agree pics always look amazing, but I didn't like it on me. Also have Gizzards and Navy, will have to try Navy to see how it looks..

    Loving holo week! It's my fave finish as well :)

    ReplyDelete