Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lynnderella She Found Herself Lost & Above The Curve Truly Madly Deeply

I just wanted to pop in this morning with my quick mani I did recently!  I like how this turned out, it was easy, simple enough but so pretty.  The only thing I would change is the base color I chose for the glitter.  I keep trying to use these sheer jelly colors and I just never love them.  I think I need to stick with jelly sandwiches when it comes to those types of colors/finish.  Don't misunderstand what I'm saying though - I love me some jelly polish!  The bright and vibrant colors especially.  It's the barely there wash of color ones that I think I'll just stop trying to use as undies.  So let's take a quick look at what I have here!

Lynnderella: Blog, Shop, Facebook, Instagram
Above The Curve: Shop, Overall BeautyFacebook, Instagram

I started with OPI My Pointe Exactly, a sheer grey jelly polish.  It's a pretty color, but I really need to find a better way to use it.  I used 3 coats and there is still visible nail line (as there usually will be with a jelly finish).  My Point Exactly is a delicate and soft color.  Formula and application were both nice.  I topped My Pointe Exactly with Lynnderella LE She Found Herself Lost.  This polish is such a pretty blend of glitter colors and shapes, but what really stands out to me is the purple shimmer!  Swoon worthy I tell you!  The base on She Found Herself Lost is a little thin so I had to work a bit to get a good amount of glitter out.  But they laid flat and smooth on my nails.  I finished up with some accent nails of Above The Curve Truly Madly Deeply from the new Valentine's collection.  Truly Madly Deeply is "stunning orchid shade with pink/purple shimmer and a glowing holo."  The color was lovely and the formula was great.  It applied wonderfully.  The only thing I'd have like to see is a stronger holo effect.  I used 3 coats to see how rich this color could get, but the difference between 2 and 3 coats wasn't noticeable.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat on the holo nails and 2 layers of topcoat on the glitter nails.  






*outside picture*


Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: