Sunday, July 1, 2012

Funky Dunky + Holo Chrome


It's a purple day for me.  I found a couple bottles of Funky Dunky at my not-so-dusty beauty supply store the other day.  I bought one for myself and one for my sister who recently got engaged to her boyfriend Doug - whom my children have sweetly nicknamed Unky Dunky.  So how could I not pick up a bottle of Funky Dunky for her, right?!  

Funky Dunky is from the OPI Shrek Forever After collection that came out as an addition to the Summer Brights in 2010.  You can find items from this collection still, but Funky Dunky seems to be the most sought after.   FD is a really beautiful grape purple creme.  FD is clean and vibrant, not overly bright.  It goes on like perfection in 2 coats.  

I wanted to add something fun to Funky Dunky and chose Kleancolor Holo Chrome to accent some nails.  Holo Chrome is a really stunning dark holo that shifts from a dark blue to a deep purple.  Over Funky Dunky it stays in the purple range.  HC is jam-packed full of holo awesomeness!  I only needed 1 coat of HC.  Finished everything off with a topcoat and waited patiently for the sun to come out for picture time…







Pin It

2 comments: