Sunday, July 8, 2012

Glow Stick

It's been a long while since I have put up a new post.  Ok only 4 days but it feels like forever.  This polish screams summer, night club, burn your eyes!  It's KBShimmer Glow Stick and it's insanely bright.  Now I may not be used to the neon colors because it's taken me almost all day to come around to this color. 


First the bad.  I had to use 3 coats of Glow Stick.  I should have used underpants but I didn't think I'd need to.  Clearly I should layer GS over something next time - possibly Orly Glow Stick (which looks to be a perfect match)?  Because I used so many layers the polish went on thick and gloopy.  It was also slightly streaky.  With the undies the streakiness would disappear.  Some of the glitter remained gritty looking even after a thick top coat.  

On to the good.  GS is stunningly bright and fun!  It's jam packed with glitter!  Micro and bar holos, silver hexs, diamonds and stars.  You can see all the glitter in each layer of polish.  I didn't had to dig to get the fun pieces - I got 3 stars and a diamond on various nails.  And the most awesome thing…GS glows in the dark.  Though I haven't tried it it doesn't surprise me because it absolutely glows in the day time too!

You can get KBShimmer here for $8.50 each.








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment