Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lilibet's Jubilee + Tristam + Stroke of Brilliance


Quick post of a quick mani!  During my funk - which is still kind of funky, but getting better, my good friend Gina from My Dirty Little Obsessions suggested a mani combo to try out.  She took a looksie through my stash list and picked out a couple untrieds, Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee and a-England Tristam.  Sounded pretty to me! 

I used 2 coats of LJ to start with.  It's a really pretty silver foil with a hint of lavender.  It went on easily, no drag or visible brush strokes.  Really a quite pretty color!  It's totally silver in some light, slightly lavender in others.  It also has some sparkle factor in the sunlight.  Love it.

I sponged a-England Tristam, a puple scattered holo, on the tips.  I used 2-3 coats using a makeup sponge to get descent color coverage.  Using this menthod with Tristam really didn't show off the true beauty of the polish.  Tristam deserves to be worn alone soaking up all the glory.  But it works with this design concept.  

You know me and glittah!  I had to do a little something else to spruce up the combo so I added my newly acquired bottle of Essie Stroke of Brilliance.  SOB is a gorg blue glitter top coat.  It has micro glitter and hexs in kind of a cornflower color and a deeper navy-ish color.  Much like the other top coats it went on easily, no digging for glitter, no dabbing to get good coverage.  I topped it all off with a top coat and I was good to go!







Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So pretty! I do the lazy gradient way - and just brush the color on the tips and pull it down with the brush (instead of using a sponge) - haha - Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pretty! I have Lilibets Jubilee on my wish list:)

    ReplyDelete