Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Joyluscious Swatch Fest!!

I recently met a really nice gal, Joy, the creative mind behind Joyluscious.  When I initially spoke with her at a beauty store customer appreciation party she told me a bit about her brand and how she came about making it.  What stood out to me in the conversation were the key things all us polish hounds look for in an indie brand.  Joy spent a good amount of time testing glitters, tossing batches with curling or beeding glitters.  She has a wide variety of glitter toppers as well as a few that stand on their own withough underpants. Today I will review 3, but I will review more once my sister and I swap colors.  

First up, Hulk!  Hulk is part of the Joylicious Super Hero collection (she also has Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man and Silver Surfer). Hulk is sheer lime green base full of large lime green hexs and small red hexs.  There is also a green and red micro shimmer.  Application was easy, but I do wish more of the hexs came out for display on the nail.  I used 3 coats of Hulk alone on my index finger.  To show what it looks like over another color I layered 2 coats of Hulk over 2 coats of Zoya Envy on my other fingers.  I really love how you can see the reg and green shimmer glowing when Hulk is layered over Envy!  1 layer of topcoat and Hulk is surprisingly smooth.  




Look at that gorgeous shimmer!!


Next up…Victoria.  This one surprised me and was my favorite of the 3 in this review!  If I remember correctly Joy had made this polish for a friend.  Victoria is a lovely deep red polish with medium red hexs and red micro glitter - all in a shade that matches the base.  Application for Victoria was smooth and plenty of glotter came out with each brush dip.  Victoria evened out very nicely with 2 coats, no underpants needed here!  1 layer of topcoat used.







Finally - Silver Surfer, another Super Hero polish.  SS is metallic silver with medium silver holo hexs.  I thougth this one would be fine on it's own but after my first attempt I relized I needed to swatch it again with underpants.  SS went on smoothly and streak-free.  I like how the holo hexs came out in a sprinkling and are like little spots of bling on top of my nails.  I used 1 coat of SS over 2 coats OPI Skull & Glossbones.  1 coat of topcoat.







So what do you think of Joyluscious??  I really enjoyed her polish and look forward to swatching and reviewing more of them!!  You can follow Joylucious on her on Facebook or her blog where you can also purchase her creations!!  If you are in the Bay Area you can also stop by San Jose Beauty Supply and pick up one of her polishes!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment