Sunday, April 12, 2015

Addicted to Holos Indie Box, February 2015 (partial review)

Good evening.  Sorry for the late post.  I am actually typing it up to help me unwind from some late exercise.  Sometimes it's calming to type and zone out to the sound of the tv in the background.  Tonight's post features the inaugural Addicted To Holos Indie Box that was released back in February.  I only have 4 of the 5 to share with you because a friend wanted 1 of them so we shared.  I love that this is a box full of great indies and their take on holos.  You'll see different types of holo; jelly, metallic, with holo glitter, linear holo, etc...I can't wait to see what fabulous holos the other boxes bring!  The pre-order for the April box just closed so you'll have to wait for the upcoming June box (I'm guessing there are going to be some amazing summer-brights and neons in there!)  Let's jump in and check out the February box!  

*nothing to disclose*

Addicted to Holos Indie Box: ShopFacebookInstagram

I'm going in no particular order so up first is Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow, a metallic mint with a loose linear holo finish.  I thought this was a very pretty color and liked the metallic finish but I found the formula a little difficult to work with.  It was streaky and built up on itself in a few places.  I used 3 coats to reach full opacity.  No topcoat.  

Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow

Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow

Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow

Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow

Philly Loves Lacquer Fortunate Rainbow

Sweet Heart Polish contributed Candied Violets to the February Box.  It's a beautiful soft lilac linear holo full of holo microglitters.  The formula was really lovely and it applied easily.  I found the mixture of linear holo with the square holo microglitters a perfect combination.  The holo microglitters were added with a very light hand so they don't over power the polish, just give it a little something extra.  Candied Violets was one of my favorites from this box.  I used 3 coats to reach full opacity and no topcoat.  

Sweet Heart Polish Candied Violets

Sweet Heart Polish Candied Violets

Sweet Heart Polish Candied Violets

Sweet Heart Polish Candied Violets

Sweet Heart Polish Candied Violets

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer added Cuts In My Heart to the Box.  This is a absolutely gorgeous color, deep maroon with a "glowy" type holo.  The color was very opaque and I had full coverage in almost 1 coat, a heavy handed painter easily could use 1, but I ended up using 2.  The formula was nice, and it applied with ease.  But it dried to a dull and gritty finish that required more than 1 layer of topcoat to smooth out.  

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquers Cuts In My Heart

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquers Cuts In My Heart

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquers Cuts In My Heart

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquers Cuts In My Heart

Blue Eyed Girl Lacquers Cuts In My Heart

And finally we have Literary Lacquers Laughs in Flowers.  This was my other favorite from the February Box.  How could it not be?  It's such a classic Literary Lacquer, gorgeous jelly holo full of glinting holo microglitters.  This is a linear petal pink holo with a mixture of square and hex microglitters.  The formula was really fantastic and it applied like a dream in 2 coats.  No topcoat used.    

Literary Lacquers Laughs In Flowers

Literary Lacquers Laughs In Flowers

Literary Lacquers Laughs In Flowers

Literary Lacquers Laughs In Flowers

Literary Lacquers Laughs In Flowers
Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment