Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Paradise

Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty….
This polish makes me think of that particular Guns N' Roses song.  Yes because it's named Paradise, but also becuase I can see it all in my mind…electric colored spandex, big crimped hair, bright pink lips and nails, music blasting.  How fun does my imagination sound?!  I was a little young when all that big hair music was happening, but I still rocked spandex like nobody's business and loved neon pink on anything and everything!  Of course it was all with New Kids shirts and buttons.  Yeah maybe that scene torally passed my by.

Now onto the present…Dior Paradise.  This was a huge lemming for me.  Why?  I really don't know.  It's from the Dior Electric Tropics Collection from 2011 and it's been quite hard to find these days.  I actually had a friend from Denmark find it for me.  Mind you it was no cheap find…but I still wanted it.    Thanks so much Marie-Luise!!  Now I have both from that season/year and you can see the pictures of Aloha here.  

Paradise is a strange color.  It is definitely neon, but sometimes is it orange, other times bright pink.  So I guess you could say I got 2 for the price of 1?  Ok, mabe that's a stretch.  I used 3 coats of Paradise and my nail line is still visible.  Me not happy.  But I still like it well enough.  As with all the Diors I own, it went on like butter.  Perfectly smooth, no ridges, lumps, bumps or imperfections.  Perfect consistency.  It dried to an interesting rubbery-matte finish.  I used the provided topcoat, but I think it still had the rubbery look so I applied a coat of Out The Door over it.  Glossy perfection!  Oh as another selling point…this baby GLOWS under a backlight!!  If I had one I'd show you.  *rushes off to add blacklight to shopping list*

What do you think of Paradise?  Is it really Paradise?  







Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You got it!!! Yay!!! I think it looks wonderful on you, and I really don't mind the VNL, which is odd 'cause usually I hate it with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete