Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bury the Hatchetfish + Kiko 322

I recently saw a post for the new collection by Hare, The Illuminated Life.  I had to wipe drool from my mouth with the back of my sleeve.  True story.  I knew I needed them, but I hadn't tried the brand before so picked 2 of the 4 to start with.  A few days passed and the Hares popped into my head again.  I thought to myself, hmmm, I wonder when that opening was scheduled for and checked the store, all polishes were there but out of stock.  Bummer.  Then I saw a post from a friend saying 4 minutes until the Hare restock!  WHAT!?  I scurried back over to that site and waited…waited…waited…and it was live!  And I got the 2 I wanted.  Another true story.  Nut now, well let's just say now I'm angry with myself for not just buying the entire set.  All 4 polishes from the Luminous Life set: Bury the Hatchetfish, Electric Flame, Atolla, and Medusa Luminosa are packed full of a gorgeous glowing purple iridescent glitter.  I think this has become my absolute favorite type of glitter polish.

So here are my pictures of Bury the Hatchetfish.  Please excuse the tip wear…I did my nails at night and must have been doing dishes in my sleep.  I started with 2 layers of Kiko 322, a gorgeous mushroom taupe that applied like a dream.  322 was so smooth and creamy.  Everything you want in a stellar creme polish.

  I layered 2 coats of BtH on top.  BtH is a very sheer polish and I think it would take 3 or 4 coats to build up on it's own.  It's a very unique polish - a brown base with purple, blue, fuchsia and iridescent glitters.  Plenty of glitter came out with each dip of the brush and it applied to the nail well.  It was on the smelly side but I didn't mind so much since it applied well and is a really beautiful polish.  It was a topcoat eater though - I used 2 coats to get a smooth to the touch finish.  

You can purchase Kiko from their website.  Hare Polish is available on esty and Llarowe.  And be sure to follow the Hare Polish blog and facebook page for swatches and new products!







Pin It


2 comments:

  1. hey!
    Wow but nice color nail polish.
    I love the shiny varnish.
    like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, the color combination is awesome!
    Beijos
    http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete