Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Glitter Week, Day 2: Glimmer By Erica (Part 1)

Good afternoon!  It's Day 2 of Glitter Week and I have lots of fun glitters to show you!  Glimmer By Erica is a brand that I have never tried before but I was pleasantly surprised by how great these glitter combinations were!  And I must also say that my daughter Naomi is a very big fan of these...everytime she asks me to paint her nails she grabs for one of these glitters first!  I split this post into 2 parts because 12 polishes seemed like a bit much for just 1.  You can purchase these on her Etsy site for $9.25 each (full size).  So here's the first part of Glimmer By Erica!

Glimmer By Erica: Shop, Beauty So FlyFacebook, Instagram

Matte About You is an all matte glitter polish consisting of "pink, orange, blue, purple, yellow, and green matte hex glitters in different sizes." This blend is cheerful and colorful!  And the matte glitter really stands out and is easier to focus on than metallic glitters.  The formula was nice, but the glitter came out a but sparse for my liking.  This could be because of the mini sized bottle though.  I used 3 coats of Matte About You over 3 coats of Milani Almond Bliss and 1 layer of topcoat.





Twilight Sky is  a "sparkling purple glitter base with purple, blue, fuchsia and orange micro glitter, purple glitter, and dark navy glitter" in a clear base.  It's a very pretty glitter combination!  The formula on this one was more to my liking - loads of glitter came out with each brush dip and it all spread well on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Twilight Sky over 2 coats of OPI Pandamonium Pink and 1 layer of topcoat.  





Spring Dawning is a gorgeous glitter blend of holo gold hexs, yellow hexs, pink squares and orange hexs.  The colors remind me of late spring - early summer with all the blazing hot colors!  I also like that this one is a mix of matte and holo glitters.  The formula was great and tons of glitter came out easily.  Application was also great and the glitter spread well on it's own.  I used 2 coats of Spring Dawning over 2 coats of OPI Red Hot Rio and 1 layer of topcoat.  





This pink beauty is Cherry Blossom.  Cherry Blossom is full of satin and metallic glitters in squares and hexs.  There are pink, green, white and fuchsia shades in here.  As you can probably tell they are inspired by the gorgeous cherry trees that bloom in the spring!  I particularly like driving and walking under them on breezy days when the petals are floating down...it's like flower petal rain!  Formula and application were both great.  I used 2 coats of Cherry Blossom over 2 coats of OPI Kiss Me I'm Brazilian and 1 layer of topcoat.  







Spectral is another lovely and dark glitter blend.  Spectral is a blend of "blue, purple, silver, burgundy, and garnet glitters in a clear base."  Such deep, moody colors, it's a perfect Fall glitter topper (probably why it first debuted in the Fall lineup).  I was really happy with the glitter pay off on this one.  Formula and application were both fabulous.  I used 2 coats of Spectral over 2 coats of OPI Skull & Glossbones.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  







Last but not least, the most cheerful and sunshiny of this bunch, Canary Cheer.  See!  It even has "cheer" in the name!  Canary Cheer has "yellow hexs, yellow flowers, and some yellow micro glitter."  There's also a dash of holo shimmer for extra sparkle!  Formula and application of Canary Cheer were both good.  I did get plenty of glitter out and it spread well on my nails.  I had to dig a little for the flowers but I attribute that to the mini bottle (fern mini bottles never play nice with larger or shaped glitters).  I used 2 coats of Canary Cheer with some flower dabbing over 2 coats of OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go?  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: