Thursday, March 13, 2014

Glitter Week: Day 4, Wicked Polish

Welcome back to day 4 of Glitter Week!  It's going by fast, only a few more days and a few more posts featuring pretty glitters!  Today I have a brand that I swoon over frequently and you probably do too, Wicked Polish!  I've actually had the pleasure of meeting Rylee in person and let me tell you, she is as awesome as her polish is!  I will also say that when Wicked Polish restocks (in the shop or on Halrow & Co.) things sell out quick so make sure you are ready with your A-Game.  PS - don't ask me to pick a favorite because it's just not fair, I love them all equally!  


Fairy Blood Splatter.  What can I say about this?  It's gorgeous.  It's pink.  That poor fairy.  Fairy Blood Splatter is a mix of "superfine pink glitter, fine and medium matte pink glitter and large purple glitter."   The purple glitters are sheer so they layer nicely over the pink glitters.  I think the base is supposed to be clear but mine has a pink tint to it.  Formula and application were both great.  Plenty of glitter came out and it was a cinch to apply.  I used 2 coats of Fairy Blood Splatter over 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann Before He Cheats.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Stabbed By A Unicorn, my word!  Who wouldn't love a polish that has "real unicorn horn shavings, medium and large white hexs, a rainbow of medium neon hexs, teeny white stars all packed into a clear base with purple shimmer."?  It's so darn pretty I don't even care that there was unicorn poaching involved.  Formula and application were both fabulous!  Loads of glitter came out and was easy to spread on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Stabbed By A Unicorn over 2 coats of Sinful Colors Violets Are Blue.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  






And lastly, Expired Pixie Dust.  I guess there wasn't enough clapping to revive this poor pixie.  Expired Pixie Dust is packed full of "neon pink squares, black holographic hearts, and a sprinkle of black and glimmering holo dust."  I love the color combination here.  It's so totally 80's and not in a bad way.  As with the others, formula and application were amazing.  So much pretty glitter came out, I was a happy camper.  I used 2 coats of Expired Pixie Dust over 2 coats of OPI This Gown Needs A Crown.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  



Pin It
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. What great glitters! I really like the first two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big Wicked fan too! I love Rylee's glitters, I need Arson in my life!

      Delete
  2. the Fairy Blood Splatter is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete