Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Red Black + Sticky Sharts

I'm going to try something new with this post.  I typically take pictures during the day and outside, but most of the time I paint my nails at night.  Well I looked around for the brightest room in my house with white light (most of my walls are cream or yellow and there is alot of wood - floors and paneling, in my house so pictures come out with a yellow tinge) and decided to start taking pictures of my nails right away.  

So I started with Barry M Red Black.  Barry M is one of those amazing brands available to those lucky gals in the UK.  Uber jelly over here!  Red Black is a seriously stunning color.  It's a sheer blood-red wash that reminds me of lip stains.   I used 3 coats for full coverage and had no application problems.  I'm showing you pictures with a layer of topcoat, but RB was so shiny and glossy it didn't even need the topcoat.  I used it out of habit. 

I accented my index finger with Sticky Sharts.  SS is a fun little glitter bomb that my friend Gina made and sent to a few friends she did swap packages with.  SS has loads of glitter in red, yellow, orange, white and green.  All different sized hexagons.  But wait - there's a secret…an oh-so-pretty micro glitter that really sparkles!  I can totally see myself using up the entire bottle of SS, it's so dang cute. 

So what are your thoughts on this combo?  My husband said it looks like Spanish Christmas (the red being a sangria color and the glitter being very holiday-ish).  I can see that but it looked like Fall colors to me.  








Pin It


1 comment:

  1. Love!! it definitely doesn't look as Christmas-like with your combo!

    ReplyDelete