Monday, December 24, 2012

Flocked Nails

I tried out flocking.  Have you?  It is so weird, but fun too.  I felt like I had Muppet fingernails all day yesterday!

Quick details:  I used 2 coats of a Sally Hansen white (can't remember the name, sorry).  I then worked one nail at a time by using topcoat, then rolling my wet nail in a pile of flocking powder.  I used a dry finger to push the flocking powder down to make sure a good amount stayed on.  That's it!  I waited for them to fully dry and I then showed off my fuzzy nails.  They didn't last more than one day, but I was quite rough on them last night as I washed dishes, baked and cooked things for tonight, and folded laundry.  

The flocking powder is from Michaels.  You will likely find it in the scrap booking section of the store.  






Pin It

2 comments:

  1. my sister got me a flocking set for Christmas. Can't wait to try it out, it looks so weird. This looks pretty but definitely unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be rubbing my face all the time if I did this. They look really cute! Merry Christmas Jen!

    ReplyDelete