Thursday, November 14, 2013

Essie Encrusted Treasures Lots of Lux & Peak of Chic

Good morning *hands you a hot cup of coffee* !  Now get ready to have your socks knocked off!  O my last trip to my local beauty supply store I found the Essie Encrusted Treasures!  I had actually been waiting and hoping they'd come out so so I literally gasped audibly and snagged a few bottles from the 6 piece collection.  Today I get to show you 2 of them and they are really fabulous!  Like really and truly!  I can't wait to try the other 2 and possibly of back and buy the 2 I left behind.  You can purchase Essie from many local supply stores: Ulta, Peninsula Beauty, I've even seen Essie at Kohl's.  You can also purchase directly from essie.com.  Be sure to follow Essie on Facebook and Instagram (essiepolish).

So...let's talk amazing polish.  First I want to talk about Lots of Lux, the fabulous cobalt blue texture. LoL has an amazing formula and application!  I had complete coverage in 2 coats, the color was very saturated and a perfectly luxurious jewel tone color that will be great for holiday parties.  LoL dried quickly and to a really great feeling texture.  I'd say it falls just a tad grittier than the OPI Sands and Zoya Pixies.  I actually couldn't stop feeling my nails - it's pretty addicting.  I have LoL on my thumb, index and middle fingers.  I didn't use topcoat.

On my ring and pinky I went with Peak of Chic.  Hullo gorgeous matte white and silver holo mini bar glitters!  I adore bar glitters I think they are so fun!  I know I am in the minority here but that's ok - more bar polish for me!  For these nails I started with 2 coats of Color Club Worth the Risque, a silver holo.  I then applied 2 coats of PoC.  I got tons of glitter out and it applied very well.  I would only suggest that you keep an eye on the glitters that end up near the edge of your nail so you don't have bars hanging off.  PoC is sparkly and gorgeous.  I love it.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat but this one was a bit rough still so I'd use 2 (or Gelous) next time.  


*shade




*shade


*shade


Pin It
Instagram

3 comments: