Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Polish Spam!

I haven't really done this before so bare with me while I pretend I'm a good blogger.  I frequently buy so many holiday polishes that I don't every get to use them all before the actual holiday passes (I'm looking at you Christmas).  So I rounded up what I had left for Valentine's Day and will post all of them here - today.  What can I say?  So much polish, not so much time.  Let's start shall we?

This is 1 coat of OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest, a gorgeous deep red-brown with so much vampy glowy shimmer.  I loved it.  To the naked eye 1 coat was sufficient, but in the camera close ups I see a few spots that could have used a second coat.  I then used 1 coat of Red Dog Designs My Funny Valentine from the Ol' Blue Eyes Collection.  Loads of glitter came out with each brush dip, no fishing for hearts.  And look!!! Circle glitters!!  MFV is an absolutely stunning glitter polish!  1 layer of topcoat.  




 Next up…Dandy Nails Started Out With A Kiss.  Light, feminine, shimmery, absolutely SFW.  The sheer peach--pink is so  delicate that I fell head over heels for it.  I don't even want to layer it over another color because I don't want it to lose it's innocent look.  The light handed addition of baby blue and pink glitter is the perfect touch.  I used 2 coats of SOWAK and 1 layer of topcoat.  


shade


The Nail Junkie Love Letter is one of the most unique polishes I have ever seen.  And I adore it!  Love Letter represents just that - love letters.  The little squares are the paper and the black micro glitters and mini bars are the writing.  The glitter came out easily and in plenitude.  I used 1 coat of Love Letters over 1 coat of Illamasqua Jan.  Jan is a very pretty dusty pale pink.  1 layer of topcoat.  




And now for a non-traditional Valentine color….Zoya Julie from the Lovely Collection is a frosty (but not overly frosty as to be streaky) lilac purple.  It's a perfect shade of purple for the spring.  I used 2 coats of Julie for full coverage.  I then put 1 coat of Whimsical Ideas by Pam In The Whole Wide World on top.  ITWWW is a mix of matte pastel green, matte pink hearts and a smattering of holo glitter.  I had to do a little "swirling" to get the hearts, but I did end up with a good number of them.  1 layer of topcoat.


shade


What spam post would be complete without a Lynnderella?  Since I have total Lynn-sanity, I have 2 Lynns from the Groundhog Day Collection to share.  Parfait d'Amour has alot of red and violet glitters in different shapes.  Glitter came out easily and applied very well.  I layered Pd'A over 2 coats of ManGlaze Lesbihonest, a hot pink matte polish.  Lesbihonest is a gorgeous matte, but with a top coat it's drop dead worthy.  Beautiful formula on this polish as well.  Nice bright pairing, right?  1 layer of topcoat.





Here's the other Lynn from the Groundhog Collection.  Key to Her Heart was a tough one to pair up.  Nothing in the coral family seemed to fit just right, until I pulled out Orly Elation Generation.  EG is from the new Hope and Freedom Fest collection that will be available in March (I won the set in an Orly giveaway and thus I have it already).  EG is a stunner.  Bright coral-pink with holo particles.  I love it.  It's on my toes as a matter of fact.  The formula was slightly jelly-ish and I used 2 coats.  I then put 2 coats of Lynnderella Key to Her Heart over EG.  KtHH has a slight coral base with pink, coral and white assorted glitters.  Check out my nails!  I got a heart AND a flower!  Easy application, no fishing.  1 layer of topcoat.  




And last but absolutely not least is Elevation Polish Rue Manin.  Rue Manin is meant to look like a  beautiful lilac bouquet in a bottle.  It does indeed evoke thoughts of fragrant purple flowers.  RM is a slightly jell-ish polish with glitters packed inside.  The formula was nice and easy to work with.   I used 3 coats of RM with 1 layer of topcoat for the coverage you see below.  




So do you like these types of posts?  Would you want to see more in the future?

Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I love that there was a lot of variety to look at. Definitely vote for more posts like this. Big fan of the coral and the Love Letters looks like a throwback to the 90's! You should rock a side pony and some jellies when you where that combo ;)

    ReplyDelete