Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer of Untrieds Day 11: Summer

Good morning dears!  Day 11 of Summer of Untrieds is "Summer."  What does summer mean to you in terms of polish?  Like most people I think bright colors.  I do love me some neons, especially when I am tan (I am pretty much always tannish, but I get quite dark in the summer months).  So here's my bright, fun, colorful "Summer" mani!  If you want to jump in on this challenge all you need to do it post your picture on Facebook or Instagram and use #summerofuntrieds!  You can also use #julychallenge and #wishesofablueeyedgirl since Julie is the gal who put this together, she'd love to see your manis!

I started this bright beauty out with OPI Life Gave Me Lemons.  Yes, it's from a brand new collection but I am usually slow to get to try polish so I am ahead of the game on this one.  I loved the yellow-green color of Life Gave Me Lemons.  I found the application and formula to be great.  I didn't have any issues with streaks or chalkiness that usually plague neon polish.  I used 2 coats of Life Gave Me Lemons for full coverage.  I then dabbed Glam Polish Secret Garden, a neon glitter mix on my nail tips.  This was a great polish as well.  I loved the color and glitter shape/size combination.  I dabbed 2 layers of Secret Garden on.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





*shade*
Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment