Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Darling Diva Polish Slutty Pumpkin, My Coven Has Cookies & Flash

Good morning dears!  I have a trio of lovely holos from Darling Diva Polish to share with you today.  I am a big fan of Darling Diva Polish!  Carrie has some beautiful polish; glitter, shimmer and holos in abundance and they are all great.  I've loved every DDP that I have tried.  2 of the polishes I have to show you today are limited so if you want either you'd better act fast before they are gone.  You can purchase Darling Diva Polish at the Big Cartel and Etsy shop.  You can follow Darling Diva Polish on Facebook for promotions, previews, stock update and giveaways!  Let's look at polish shall we?  

Let's start with Slutty Pumpkin.  This is one of my favorite Halloween polishes!  I reviewed it last year, if you want to see that post (and my progress as a blogger and photographer) take a look HERE.  My post today is closer to the actual color which Carrie describes as a "burnt orange metallic linear holo polish with a scattering of black glitters." The holo is special and extra sparkly as well because both coarse grade and find grade holo powder are used with a fine grade holo glitter (paraphrased from DDP on Etsy).  Now that my friends is alot of holo goodness.  Slutty Pumpkin has a great formula and applied so well.  It flowed easily and smoothly on my nails and the glitter laid flat.  I really do like the addition of the black glitter to add some interest and contrast to the orange holo.  I used 3 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.  Slutty Pumpkin was brought back in limited supply for Halloween.  If you want it, if you love it, get it now! 
  

*shade







This pretty holo is My Coven Has Cookies.  In anticipation of American Horror Story: The Coven she created a few new Halloween polishes.  This is one of the inspired by colors!  My Coven Has Cookies is a  silvery-blue holo with charcoal holo glitters.  I swear I also see blue and silver holo glitters in there too!  I love this polish.  It's so pretty and a nice breath of different color for the Fall and Halloween (IE not orange, purple or green).  Formula and application on MCHC was really lovely.  So much holo glitter came out to play and the base was nice and creamy.  This did dry a bit gritty due to all the glitter so be sure to use a thick layer of topcoat or Gelous (or similar type of topcoat).  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.



*shade







Finally we have Flash…aaaaaa-aaaaaaaah savior of the universe!  Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  And now I'm thinking of Ted.  And now I'm thinking of Marky Mark.  And now I'm thinking of Donnie.  Oh you know I love those Wahlberg men.  LOL.  Oops sorry my mind wandered.  Flash is one of the LE polishes from the Queen collection that Carrie recently released.  I reviewed all the non LE ones HERE.  Flash is really special.  I think it's claimed the throne as my favorite of the Queen super multichrome holos.  I saw so many colors here, a maroon red, golden pink, a little charcoal.  So pretty and shifty!  The holo is really linear and doesn't take much sunshine to show off it's beauty.  Indoors and shaded lighting shows the multichrome much better.  The formula and application were really a dream to work with.  I used 3 coats for full coverage but 2 would have been absolutely fine.  I used 1 layer of topcoat and the holo was (clearly) not effected.  This is the other polish that is available in limited supply.  If you want it do not hesitate!  


*shade




*shade


*indoors

*indoors
Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: