Saturday, December 7, 2013

CrowsToes Hell Hath No Fury & Avon Supernova

Good morning!  Thought I'd jump on and share the mani I wore for my date night last night.  My daughter goes to a little gym class and they hold a parents night out once a month.  It's so nice to have a place to drop the kids off and get a couple hours to spend alone with my husband.  It's amazing how much better food tastes when I don't have to hold on to my daughter from climbing under the table, or stop the boys from bickering over which color crayons they got.  It nice to be able to talk without interruption and enjoy adult only time.  Anywho....I wore a pretty coral red top and I threw this on my nails to match (actually I think it went the other way around, I matched my shirt to my nails).  Here are the media links to CrowsToes and Avon before we look at pictures!


So I started this simple but lovely mani with 2 coats of Avon Supernova.  Supernova is part of the Cosmic holo collection that came out in the Spring this year.  I picked up a few and the holos are soft and beautiful.  The formula is very creamy and opaque and you can easily get away with 1 coat!  Supernova is a warm red-orange color with a subtle scattered holo effect.  It's gorgeous alone and adds just a little something extra special as a base for glitter.   I used 2 coats.  Then I blinged it up with CrowsToes Hell Hath No Fury.  Hell Hath No Fury is from the 2012 Halloween collection and is described as a "bright mix of fire and orange glitters with a red/orange/gold colorshifting shimmer."  It's so gorgeous!  The color shifting shimmer is a purple iridescent that gives off little glowing twinkles.  I used 2 coats and the glitter came out easily and was plentiful.  Application and formula were both great.  I used 1 layer of topcoat to finish - I'd use 2 next time as my nails weren't completely smooth to the touch. 





Pin It
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty combo!! Glad you got a date night break!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I gotta get those Avon holos!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I've come to look forward to the couple hours of break time once a month! And yes you need to get the Avon holos! I hope they still offer them!

      Delete