Thursday, June 20, 2013

Glitter Gal Light As A Feather & OPI My Private Jet

Alright….this is not one of my favorite posts, it didn't come out quite the way I'd expected but I feel like it's important to show you successful manis as well as ones that aren't so great.  This one would have been great if I had just done the Glitter Gal alone.  I have nothing but great things to say for Light As A Feather.  It's the OPI that I'm not on board with.  So lets just jump in to the review.

I did all nails minus the accents with Glitter Gal Light As A Feather.  LAAF is a gorgeous white holo.  I've been lemming a white holo pretty hard and my awesome friend Rhonni sent me this as a birthday present.  It totally fulfilled the need in my life and stash.  LAAF is beautiful.  It's a delicate and dainty holo and I think it's appropriate for any time of the year and any setting.  I used 3 coats and the application was perfect!

OPI My Private Jet, why you so difficult??  I know MPJ is like the holy grail for some nail girls, but I truly don't love it.  And just for the record it doesn't mean I want to get rid of it, I just don't think it's all that fantastic.  It was thin and watery and streaky.  It pooled and dragged.  It's a hot mess.  But it does have an amazing holo effect and I do love holo.  Anyways, I used 3 coats and even still had a patch at the tip of my nail that wouldn't cover.  Boo.  I believe I have the brown holo version of this polish (there are several versions and the current one is a dud, meaning no holo effect).

You can purchase Glitter Gal polish at Ninja Polish.  Follow them on Facebook too!  Loads of amazing Ninja brand, indie and imported polishes are in stock over there on a daily basis!  My Private Jet is very hard to find now…check ebay or the Facebook sales groups for auctions.








Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: