Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Alter Ego Nail Enamel Top Tweeter

Morning polish friends!  Today I bring you a fabulous polish from Alter Ego Nail Enamel.  Cynthia, the creator behind the brand is the sweetest gal I have come across in my nail polish adventures.  I have tried a few polishes from this brand now and these are unique and lovely polishes.  Alter Ego polishes are unique because they each have a "satiny matte like finish."  A layer of top coat shines things up nicely if you prefer a glossy look.  Alter Ego also uses a unique base formula which is thicker than other indie brands.  This does cause pigments to settle, but a light shake gets everything mixed up quickly.  If you are interested in trying out Alter Ego polish (and I suggest you do) head over to the store or the Facebook page for news and product information.  Cynthia is currently working on a few new polishes and I've gotten a sneaky little peak…they are gorgeous!  Keep your eyes peeled for their release date and previews on blogs!

Top Tweeter is part of the new line up for Alter Ego.  It's one of the most gorgeous yellows I have put on.  Love at first sight.  Top Tweeter is an amazing canary golden yellow with pink and yellow holo sparkles.  It also has silver micro flakes (I swear the flakes look golden in the bottle but silver on the nail).  Truly a unique polish in my collection and a perfect addition to my stash for the summer!!  I used 2 coats for complete coverage.  The formula is smooth and easy to work with.  Because of the special base it is on the thicker side, but application with a light hand makes easy work of it.  Top Tweeter dries to a "satiny matte" finish and is gorgeous.  I have pictures of Top Tweeter with and without topcoat so you can see the differences.  I prefer it with topcoat because the sparkles really came out to play underneath the glossy shine!




without topcoat


without topcoat


without topcoat



without topcoat

Pin It
Instagram

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous on you! Love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for this outstanding review! I really like that you point out the differences, I do like users to be aware! I always strive to be upfront about the unique and one of a kind base I do use :) Your application is flawless and your photos outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia! I can't wait for your store to open up again! I need Plumber!

      Delete
  3. This shade is so cheerful and it brought a smile to my face instantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's great to hear Vedrana! I think Alter Ego has an Etsy store opening any day now!

      Delete