Monday, June 3, 2013

Literary Lacquers Green Gables Collection, Part 1 - The Holos!

Sorry for the late night post polishes dears…but I had to share these NOW!!  Not in the morning, NOW!  Plus I have more to share tomorrow!  Literary Lacquer is coming out with a new collection, Green Gables inspired by Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.  There are holos, glitters and shimmers and they are all amazing!  Amy really did an amazing job with this set.  I am going to show you the holos first (big surprise since you know how much I love ze holos).  Tomorrow I will share a glitter and a shimmer, be sure to stay tuned for those too.  

Before the review here are the details on the Green Gables collection.  This set of 6 polishes will be available on Wednesday 6/5 at noon Mountain time.  Full size bottles are $10 each, but you can buy the entire set at a discounted price of $55.  You can purchase the Green Gable collection (or individual bottles) at the Literary Lacquer Etsy shop.  Be sure to follow Literary Lacquer on Facebook for news and updates!

And now on to the polish!  Up first, the collection namesake Green Gables.  Amy describes Green Gables as a "mid-toned grass green linear holo."  Spot on.  Absolutely reminds me of grass.  But the prettiest dang grass I have ever seen.  I wish my lawn looked like this.  Green Gables had a great formula with a slight jelly-like squishiness.  It was easy to apply with issues to report.  Green Gables was on the sheer side, the pictures below show 3 coats and there is still a slight visible nail line.  I did not use topcoat.  









The other holo I was sent to review is Lake of Shining Waters.  Amy describes this one as a "murky teal linear holo."  I call it gorgeous.  Lake has the same formula as Green Gables, jelly like and squishy.  Application was also the same.  The only difference I can point out in regards to application/formula is that Lake was a tad more opaque and completely covers the nail in 3 coats.  There is no visible nail line.    I did not use topcoat.  









Thought I'd toss out a quick little comparison of Green Gables and Lake of Shining Waters.  They are not the same, not even close.  So if you love holo like I do, the best bet is to get both.  You can thank me later.  



*these polishes were sent for my honest opinion and review

Pin It
Instagram

4 comments:

  1. i love both of these! great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!

    The Anne of Green Gables series was one of my faves growing up. I think I still have my boxed set! ♥

    ReplyDelete