Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Makeup Review: Glossier Makeup

Hulllo (say it like Mrs. Doubtfire)! Back again with more makeup to share!  I've posted about skincare/makeup brand Glossier before and I was quite smitten with it.  I actually buy the skin care line consistently now and my skin has never been nicer!  Well, I recently bought more items and once again, my expectations were exceeded and I was super happy with the products.  I tried some of the new LidStar shadows and a Generation G lipstick (let me tel you that they recently re-vamped the G lipstick tho I'm not 100% positive what they changed).  These are all available on the site now so head over for some retail therapy or pick up some stocking stuffers for your loved ones!  Let's jump in to the post.  

*nothing to disclose*



Lidstar is one of the newest products in the Glossier lineup.  It's a liquid shadow that comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator.  It provides a wash of color that lasts all day, as if you put on a primer before use.  Glossier created this effect by using ultra fine multicolor pearls suspended with coated pigments in a bendable base. It's recommended that you tap the color on to you lid then blend out with your fingertip.  I've found for a deeper color payoff you can just use the doe foot to apply the shadow to your lid, though I don't find it particularly precise.  

I picked out two shades.  Fawn is a smokey taupe with violet and gold pearls.  Cub is a rose gold with warm shimmer.  Both are beautiful.  The formula is very creamy and soft.  And it truly does last all day long!  I wear these constantly because the sheer color has just enough sparkle to feel done but not overdone - and you know I'm not a huge, heavy makeup person.  


Generation G is a sheer matte lipstick.  It's meant to look like just blotted lipstick and they definitely pull off that effect well.  When I wear mine I feel like I have popsicle stained lips.  It was so hard for me to pick a color but I ultimately went with Crush, a hot raspberry pink.  It's literally the perfect amount of color and looks great with a dress or cut offs and a tshirt.  I think the matte finish causes the formula to be a bit dry?  I don't know how to describe it but it doesn't glide on as easily as a glossy lipstick.  Doesn't bother me, just thought it was worth mentioning.  Oh and the cap broke while floating around loosely in my purse - maybe those are both things that they updated with the new version of Generation G.  


Top to bottom, Lidstar Fawn, Lidstar Cub, Generation G Crush


I'm wearing Lidstar Fawn, Generation G Crush and Boy Brow in Brown. 


Applied with the doe foot applicator and did not rub in with my fingertip.  So you can see that it's a nice color payoff OR it can be a wash of color.  Depends on how you feel for the day!  FYI I am wearing Glossier Boy Brow in brown on my eyebrows...favorite product EVER!  

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment