Friday, June 1, 2012

Jubilee!

My nail friends and I are at it again!  For today we have planned another group nail post.  This one is to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.  It marks the 60th year since her accession to the throne!  Isn't that something?  


We are paying homage by wearing nail polish brands that hail from across the pond.  Including but not limited to: A-England, Butter London, Barry M, Ciate, Model's Own, Max Factor, Illamasqua, Nails Inc, etc.

I chose a new polish I had received from a swap - Barry M Denim.  It was an absolutely stunning blue with a metallic foil shimmer.  It covered in ONE coat!!  I'm in love with it!  Much like the Zoyas I wore the other day, this had a matte like finish, but with the topcoat it became a shiny-shimmer gem.  I sponged A-England Merlin at the top half of my nails.  It's my first attempt at sponging, so be gentle if you don't like it.  Merlin is a dense silver glitter.  It's bright, sparkly and covers very well - I'm sure this would be a glitter that would wear well on it's own with 1-2 coats.  I topped it al off with Out The Door topcoat.  I like the way it came out - the blue is a royal color and the silver glitter gives it just the right amount of bling!  

You can get A-England from Adina's website here, or Llarowe.  


























Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! And so sparkly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I think I'm going to have to get Denim now. Picklefarts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love this blue so much! I will have to get it now too!
    And the sparks looks SOOOO good on it!!! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! That may be my first Barry M color I have to get, the combo goes fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Picklefarts with Silver* Jen, this is something else!!! Sooo gorgeous and such a good idea to sponge Merlin.

    Still need to finish my award post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Barry M is definitely a brand I need to invest in! Love their colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! Might have to get that Barry M :)

    ReplyDelete