Saturday, July 20, 2013

Red Dog Designs The Butterfly Effect

Good afternoon polish friends!  This will be the last regular post you see from me for a short time while I am on vacation.   Luckily I have guest posts scheduled from some very awesome bloggers to share with you!  So stay tuned for gorgeous polish and beautiful photos to oooh and aaah over.  I shall leave you with this fabulous polish.  Red Dog Designs has done it again, made a gorgeous polish that makes me drool all over the place.  This is The Butterfly Effect and it is currently an unreleased polish but it should be making it's debut very soon.  You can follow Red Dog Designs on Facebook and IG (reddogdesigns) to find out when new collections will be released!  AND you can purchase Red Dog Designs polish from the shop!

The Butterfly Effect is a super pretty mix of pink, purple and silver holo butterflies with aqua, green and purple hexs.  If you have any Red Dogs you know how much Gina loves her holo shimmer, s of course you can see a nice helping of holo shimmer in The Butterfly Effect.  The formula and application on this polish was great!  I got a good amount of butterflies out with each brush dip and they spread nicely on the nails.  They didn't clump or travel down to the end of my nails.  I also got plenty of hexs and shimmer on each nail.  I used 1-2 coats of The Butterfly Effect on each nail.  I have TBE layered over Illamasqua Caress and Cameo done in a lazy gradient.  By lazy I mean I painted each nail with 2 coats of the base color, then put a small amount of the opposite color on the tip of a makeup sponge.  I applied by lightly dabbing the sponge, moving from my nail tips towards the middle of my nail.  I actually think the gradient came out well and the cleanup was  a breeze!  I'll definitely use this method again.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat, though I would suggest 2 or a layer of Gelous.  








*this polish was provided for my honest opinion and review

Pin It

1 comment: