Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!!  I love this holiday!  It's so fun with all the BBQ's, family get togethers, parades, and fireworks.  It's also my little brother's birthday, yay!  Happy birthday Will!  <3  I have 2 patriotic manis to show you…here's the first!

I am very proud of how this mani turned out!  I am starting to really love gradients!  Though I need to figure out a way to not be so messy!  I actually tried the tape method (cover the skin surrounding your nails with tape so the sponge gets polish on the tape, not your skin) with this one and still looked like a toddler painted all over my fingers.  Next time I'll try the glue method (brush white elmers glue on the skin surrounding your nails, let dry completely, and when you are done doing your gradient peel or wash off the glue).  I created this gradient with OPI Apine Snow and Sinful Colors Endless Blue.  I did 4 "coats" of gradient.  My thumb and ring finger are 1 coat of NOPI Challenge Red-Y, a red creme polish that I got from a Kellogg's Special K promotion.  I topped all nails with 2 coats of Red Dog Designs Let Freedom Bling.  LFB is a stunning blend of silver holo stars, red and blue mini bars, small glitter hexs and micro holo glitter!   LFB really made this mani special for me!  As with all the Red Dogs I've worn - the formula and application were amazing!  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat for smooth nails.  

You can still purchase Red Dog Designs Let Freedom Bling!  But you'd better hurry because it's only available through the end of July!  Red Dog Designs is on Facebook and Instagram (reddogdesigns) and you can purchase at the SHOP.  










Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! A excellent representation of the holiday :)

    ReplyDelete